Ran out of time

Hi all been driving class 1 for 4 weeks now just done my first distance journey and have went over my time by about 5 mins before I stopped for a break first time on distance stuff and got caught out on the M6 what’s the repercussions for this as I am still on a probation period way my employment

taggy24:
Hi all been driving class 1 for 4 weeks now just done my first distance journey and have went over my time by about 5 mins before I stopped for a break first time on distance stuff and got caught out on the M6 what’s the repercussions for this as I am still on a probation period way my employment

Officially nothing unless you keep doing it
Company will give you an infringement to cover themselves with some advice
Make 2 manual printouts with explanation

As said, cover your arse by doing two printouts and write the explanation on both of them, hand one in when your card is downloaded, you’ll still get an infringement notice to sign but at-least your boss will know you’re aware of the rules, keep the other printout with you in case you get pulled into a road side checkpoint, the printout will show that you’re aware of the rules but just got caught out on this occasion.

There won’t be any repercussions from the DVSA and apart from having to sign an infringement notice there should not be repercussions from your company either :wink:

may aswell hand yourself into the nearest police station before its too late

Companies often see an infringement as a black and white thing and it is likely to be treated as such, unless you can point to a RTA or something which led to the situation of going over driving time as you had to keep on driving, racking up driving time, but not covering much distance.

Usually there is a points scoring system where you are either okay, need further training or the stage where disciplinary action is required. Don’t keep doing it is the moral of the story. The points will disappear after a certain time, but not sure exactly to be honest, it may be a company policy thing or the company may just go by the analysis software on that.

Write something on the printout along the lines of ‘‘Congestion on route, no safe place to stop, stopped at first available safe place’’

taggy24:

Don’t sweat it as you said you were stuck on the M6 (well everybody get stuck on that blinking motorway some time or other) but write it onto your manual printout and show the company. Chill mate.

I know nothing because I keep failing my Class 1, but the other guys on here will probably back me up when I say don’t sweat it one.