ralph davies

what these like to work for pay etc please advise

drop a PM to the taff :wink:

or do a search theres plenty on them :wink:

the pay is or was £2000 a month £20 night out payed monthly (6th of the month) wont pay parking but to be fair most overnighting is either@ yard or customers,
silly start times ie if parked in yard at say 1600h you’ll be loading in gloucester @0200 3 or 4 drops london area lots of RDC deliveries and for new starters lots of cab hopping
trucks are well maintained nearly all volvo,some auto, others manual, but all bought in 2nd hand except for the x mortimers DAF’s
most drivers very helpfull

so in all if you can put up with monthly pay,driving a Volvo anolog auto one day,manual didgi the next,or any combo of the 2!! then waiting in the yard for a truck change over @8pm with a 2am start its a great job

malcolmj:
the pay is or was £2000 a month £20 night out payed monthly (6th of the month) wont pay parking but to be fair most overnighting is either@ yard or customers,
silly start times ie if parked in yard at say 1600h you’ll be loading in gloucester @0200 3 or 4 drops london area lots of RDC deliveries and for new starters lots of cab hopping
trucks are well maintained nearly all volvo,some auto, others manual, but all bought in 2nd hand except for the x mortimers DAF’s

so in all if you can put up with monthly pay,driving a Volvo anolog auto one day,manual didgi the next,or any combo of the 2!! then waiting in the yard for a truck change over @8pm with a 2am start its a great job

Wow, makes me long for Stobarts again!

Doesnt he want you to do 2/3 weeks away in the UK■■? Or is that just more driver bull ■■■■ ive overheard at Pratts Banana’s

no not quiet. you normally have a 24/36 off up the road of if unlucky in the yard (you can allways go home if you want) then the 45 plus what ever you gotta pay back at the end of the next 6 days just dont expect um to be at weekends

And of course there is no 36 hour weekly rest now is there,just the 24 and 45.
Not being picky,just reminding those who arn’t so sure on the regs.

didnt say there was ,but a 24h rest usually turned out to be about 30 or 36 hours off if you were lucky the next rest would be 45 off plus whatever you owed on top unless you only wanted 45 off, and have a long one at the end of the 3rd week, but you had to explain the rules to them in the office they still think its 1981!!!

Alrighty,got ya drift. Not the best place to work then eh.

aparently there around 10 ‘new’ 2nd hand motors sitting at Hanbury Davis ready to be picked up.

Am really surprised to read he buy’s second hand units !

Just thought with the mileage they do it would be a regular new trucks mob , keep them till waranty expires and bin them!

most if not all his motors are 2nd hand, ex Goldstar i think most of em are, around 2 yrs old low milege etc.

If he’s beeb round for year. I’d say he’s doing something right! :wink:

malcolmj:

^^^ that about sums it up…its a bit different once you get your own motor though…

And you knock Stobarts Taff!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dessy:
And you knock Stobarts Taff!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Have I■■?

I can’t recall saying anything about stobbies good or bad show me fella??

malcolmj:

How can you hang round at 8.00 pm waiting for a truck and then start at 02.00 am. :confused:

I’d say he’s careful with the money is Ralph which means they shouldn’t go bump and you’ll still have a job next year. Fair play to him, he does a good job, doesn’t run cheap and has a firm to be proud of.

Is it just uk now or do they still do euro work.