Ralph Davies - whereabouts of ex RDF units

Hi does anyone know the whereabouts or have photos of any ex Ralph Davies units please?

We understand the following may still be in the UK

UDG846X - Scania
F457RDF - Scania
L222RDF - FH16
L444RDF - Renault
L500RDF- Scania
T386JUX - FH16 (ex T222RDF)

Any information or photos would be appreciated.

Thanks

S777 is up for sale on ebay. If you have a spare £6k it could even be yours!!

L222 seen this week on the A14

T386 at this years Crowfield show

Then a couple of weeks later I caught it on this low loader on the A14

I’m sure I saw L444 a couple of years back in the large bus depot just outside Stretton Distribution Park, Warrington in NL Walling colours?

Thanks George, most appreciated.

Good to see L222, that was one of the FH16’s that was in the Trucking article to the Chinese border.

I think T386 operates out of Flexistow, so lets hope it is just broken down instead of heading for export. Certainly is a credit to its current owner.

L444 was last I heard was with Walling doing coach recovery, they did a good job repairing this one after it came off the road with Ralph.

Thanks again

a subby of mine still has “lady annabelle” as his shunter, can’t remember full reg but N632■■? (definitely not RDF) rings a bell?

Heres R500RDF took this a few years back.Ithihk Euromat or Kindel said this is parked in a yard near to them (if my memory serves me right) :slight_smile:

jj72:
a subby of mine still has “lady annabelle” as his shunter, can’t remember full reg but N632■■? (definitely not RDF) rings a bell?

Thanks for that.

This is N632DVV ex N777RDF (real N reg), where is it out of interest??

Y111RDF:
I think T386 operates out of Flexistow, so lets hope it is just broken down instead of heading for export. Certainly is a credit to its current owner.

The low loader was heading East on the A14 so could of been heading home after breaking down. I got the impression as they passed that the EJ Farrow DAF was running together with it, possibly taking the trailer back?

Y111RDF:

jj72:

Thanks for that.

This is N632DVV ex N777RDF (real N reg), where is it out of interest??

you have a PM

jdc:

s777 was mothballed for many months i understand ralph put it back on the road when a good man needed a job and he frightened by working it properly it kept developing problems so its had to go. still for a truck that was allegedly a freebie from scania all those years ago its certainly been far and wide and earnt well i’ll bet. :

asus770:

jdc:

s777 was mothballed for many months i understand ralph put it back on the road when a good man needed a job and he frightened by working it properly it kept developing problems so its had to go. still for a truck that was allegedly a freebie from scania all those years ago its certainly been far and wide and earnt well i’ll bet. :

I heard it broke down twice on its first trip out of the yard and that confirmed its fate. I also heard it was replaced by a Daf

Saw R333RDF yesterday, travelling south on A9 between Inverness and Perth,bobtail.Plain white Globby,just had Ralph Davies on the illuminated panel above the screen.
Only noticed it because it was bobtail and don’t normally see their motors up here.

Highlander:
Saw R333RDF yesterday, travelling south on A9 between Inverness and Perth,bobtail.Plain white Globby,just had Ralph Davies on the illuminated panel above the screen.
Only noticed it because it was bobtail and don’t normally see their motors up here.

It wouldn’t of been R333 as that one is black could of been either N333 or Y333 :wink:

As the owner/driver of T386 JUX (ex T222/Lady Caroline), i’d like to say thanks for the compliment re my vehicle, and confirm that the trip on the low loader was indeed due to a breakdown (gearbox/propshaft problems, which are thankfully now sorted). I operate out of Felixstowe on traction/ro ro work. The vehicle recently clocked up 1 million MILES(!), and still runs as sweet as, a real pleasure to own and drive.

Thetaff:
It wouldn’t of been R333 as that one is black could of been either N333 or Y333

Yep,you’re right,it was N333. :blush: Got an appointment at Specsavers on Monday :laughing:
Saw it going back up the road today with a nice new coat of paint,white over light blue.Now says Nuffield on the sign above the windscreen.Never heard of a company of that name.Maybe it means that it’s a bit of a tractor :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

If it says Nuffield on the headboard it’s one of the units that delivers the screening trailers. I beleive Ralph has the contract for this work.

The vehicle details for F457 RDF are:

Date of Liability 01 12 2008
Date of First Registration 14 10 1988
Year of Manufacture 1988
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 14200CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour WHITE
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £90.75
12 Months Rate £165.00
20 years isn’t a bad innings I suppose :cry:

The vehicle details for UDG 846X are:

Date of Liability 01 11 2009
Date of First Registration 02 04 1982
Year of Manufacture 1979
Cylinder Capacity (cc) Not Available
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Heavy Oil
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status SORN Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval null
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
Tax Band 6 Months Rate 12 Months Rate
F £825.00 £1500.00
E £660.00 £1200.00
D £357.50 £650.00
Still earning a living by the looks of it. :smiley:

Some pictures of T222RDF (T386JUX) whilst with Ralph.

theres an ex ralph davies fh16 with an owner driver from Welshpool Mid Wales on tipper work. Dont know what reg it is.