Ralph Davies - Volvo FH16 N777RDF/ N632DVV

Hi,

Has anyone got any photos of the above truck whilst in service with Ralph Davies or Dave Hogg please?

She was registered N777RDF with Ralph and then reregistered N632DVV when she left the fleet in 2003.

Here is a recent picture of her.

Thanks

Ryan

-

Try this link - Google Images

DAF95XF:
Try this link - Google Images

Rather unhelpful and smartarsed reply - should’ve saved your energy to type something constructive :bulb:

I will try go through my photos today Ryan, as I promised to do months ago, sorry mate :blush:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for that. I did look at google sometime back to come up with photos from Garry (Royalmailman)and myself!!

I know you are busy, but when you have a chance it would be great. Hope to pass my test Jan/ Feb and then try to get her back on the road.

All the best for 2011.

Regards

Ryan

Rather disappointing I’m afraid, in all my photos there’s only ONE crap one taken with 3 other trucks on the dock at Radicatel :frowning: It’s probably because she was the ‘shunter’ so didn’t usually do the more photogenic loads I suppose - sorry abaout that mate

Regarding licences, I thought if you took off the fifth wheel you could drive a unit on a car licence, maybe detatching, just flipping over then reattaching it for showing might save you some hassle, unless you’re going for the test anyway? :bulb:

Thanks for looking anyway Andy, hopefully someone has some photos from her Ralph Davies days.

As I understand it she is over 7.5 ton, so I need a class 2 and cannot get round this by taking the 5th wheel off. If I had gone for a 4x2 I probably could of get one less than 7.5 ton, but I wanted an ex Ralph Davies FH16 or Maguires of Cheltenham FH12 unit.

Take care,

Ryan

Be 9 tons worth that 16 Ryan, even most big cabbed/engined 4x2’s will be over 8 I’d reckon.

Heres a picture of mine it went nearly 20t with the old tilt behind her.

Here it is in Casablanca resting, which it had’nt done much of in its life.

I’ve not many pictures of it & have posted these before but dunno if you’ve seen them.
I hope your 16 sounds as good as mine did :exclamation:

hey ryan

found this 1 on my hard drive, can’t remember where i got it, but i know it was off the internet, i think it was off eurowheels.com.

cheers & happy new year.
gaz

Sorry to jump on this thread , always wanted to drive a proper truck, didn’t know about being able to remove the fifth wheel and drive on a car licence! Buzzing off that, so what is the rule about the weight? Got to be under 8t? I suppose this rules out an f10, 142, tanscon, but maybe not an old merc ? Thanks for any help.

Hi Gaz

Thanks for that, appreciated.

Hi Fly Sheet

I’ve at least seen the one at rest before. Is the tilt something to do with one of the Gilders?

Here is yours when new, after being washed following towing a F12 back from Germany.

My FH16 sounds really good, just keen to pass my test and then test her to be able to drive it properly.

and finally Harryvr6

As I understand it, but you would need to check, you can drive a unit that is under 7.5t (assuming you pasted your test before a certain date). You may get a small cab 4x2 perhaps coming in under this?

Happy new year guys.

Regards

Ryan

Just to confuse the question, I thought that rule applied to the GVW so approx 17te for a 4x2 tractor or 24te for a twin steer unit? :confused:

I look forward to seeing the finished article! Ryan do you know the owner/location of L500 RDF (heard Nick Garlick had it parked in HC Wilsons yard) or any of the Centurions?

Andy - Not sure, my understanding for a catergory C license (class 2) was for a vehicle over 7.5 ton, with or without a trailer up to 750kg max weight. Would be great if I could drive her on a car license, but understand this is not possible.

Rob - The plan is to get her tested over the next few months and then have a plan to restore. Will start with mechancial, then inside and finally a respray.

I understand Nick Garlick owns L500RDF, but last I heard it was no longer at Wilsons. Not sure where it is, but would be good to get them back together one day.

I think the Centurion’s have gone for export. A picture of J777RDF was on email abroad somewhere a while back.

Take care.

Ryan