Raising Axles on rigids

When im down to a part load, ive been raising the rear axles on the MAN rigids ive been driving. no issues with this. When ive tried it on a couple of the mercedes axors we have, it raises and then when i start driving it lowers itself again. there are axle weight indicators so i know theres no issue with the load. any ideas what causes this?

I think you’ll find that regardless of axle weights some modern vehicles will lower the axle when the overall weight exceeds a certain weight.

The trucks onboard computer will detemine if the axle needs lowering. I have found that mine was up whilst I was reversing out of the warehouse but half way down the road it had lowered itself without me even knowing it.

Well thats answered something i’ve been wondering about, the good old square Axor tractor unit was about the only one the driver still had 100% control at all times (and blinking handy it was too for bad weather), loaded or not, of the mid lift axle, i was wondering if that might still be the case on newer Axors, this thread provides the answer, no, thanks lads.

Juddian:
Well thats answered something i’ve been wondering about, the good old square Axor tractor unit was about the only one the driver still had 100% control at all times (and blinking handy it was too for bad weather), loaded or not, of the mid lift axle, i was wondering if that might still be the case on newer Axors, this thread provides the answer, no, thanks lads.

Midlifts have different weight settings compared to tag axles. There is also a button on every truck with a lift axle that lets you raise it just enough to put more weight on the drive axle so you can get better traction in poor condidions, again this is limited to slow speeds.