Raising a CV

I am just about to embark on the minefield of applying for jobs within the haulage industry and seeing as we have some bosses of companies and recruitment people on here can you give me some tips on raising a CV.

What do I put on the responsibilities for a driver as I don’t really have a clue? Obviously I know what the responsibilities of a driver are but how do you put it into words?

My CV for logistics jobs is quite impressive from my experience in the navy but that counts for nothing in the driving world to be honest. You can be the best logistician in the world but not have a clue about driving. The main bulk of my work has either been fridge work, trunking for parcel companies and curtains.

What have people put on their CV’s (I won’t nick any of the wording but might change it around to suit myself and my experience) and I won’t lie on a CV, as I would get found out very quickly as I am a ■■■■ liar.

Any hints or tips (or even a copy of your/a CV) would be very much appreciated

Thanks for your time ladies and gents

this post has also been posted in the PDF as well

Hi Gibsa

It can be a dunting nightmare I know but you know what you are your own best salesman, if you want to give a call tomorrow I will go through some tips with you.

if you cant find my number PM me cheers Rick.

Would that be the number on your website?

if so i will give you a bell about 10ish if that is ok with you mate? if not let me know

many thanks for the kind offer