Rain.

I have never know so much rain in all my life, it has been raining on and off for 3 weeks now and in torrents the likes of which can’t be described. Today I sit at home and see sun in the sky, test the pool water and it’s clearing but damm cold due to the weather, I think I may get in there tomorrow and look at the forecast … rain for the whole of next week :frowning:

its a welsh thing pat very similar here in pontypool… tomorrow we go on holidays to lyme regis …and another week of rain…

Good explanation Cliffy :exclamation:
We have a lot of slate quarries around here and they all seem to be owned by Welsh people. In my search for work when I first came here I applied at ‘Hilltop slate’ and was interviewed by two Taffy’s who made it very plain they didn’t like ‘The English boyo’
Didn’t get invited back for a second interview but did get my own back when a few months later I was a sales and leasing agent for a large Ford dealer and the boss of the same quarry who wanted a discount didn’t get one :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
I have never know so much rain in all my life, it has been raining on and off for 3 weeks now and in torrents the likes of which can’t be described. Today I sit at home and see sun in the sky, test the pool water and it’s clearing but damm cold due to the weather, I think I may get in there tomorrow and look at the forecast … rain for the whole of next week :frowning:

So Pat you have a pool,nice one but that must mean weathers nice most of the time to warrant that in your back garden.here in Oldah we get the worst of it cos we are at the edge of the peniines so when it rains/snows on them we get the blow off them thar hills,yet go into Manchester and its cracking the flags. :unamused:

gezt:

Pat Hasler:

So Pat you have a pool,nice one but that must mean weathers nice most of the time to warrant that in your back garden.here in Oldah we get the worst of it cos we are at the edge of the peniines so when it rains/snows on them we get the blow off them thar hills,yet go into Manchester and its cracking the flags. :unamused:

TCH 1 at Canmore AB was closexd today due to flooding and as you know thats a bloody busy stretch there.

Think maybe next year ill invest in a 15ft pool for the yard should fit it in with BBQ and table :slight_smile:

I saw the photo’s on the news Taff :frowning: