Railway bridge Hastings

Hi, the bridge in this picture at Hastings on the A259 is marked on my AA atlas as 15’9”. I’m often higher than that but the other day I wasn’t. But when I went round the corner to go under it I noticed there is no height markers on the bridge.

I’m intrigued at how a a bridge has gained 8 inches in clearance to be unmarked? Or has it never had the 15’9 restriction and my atlas is wrong. Obviously had I been higher I would have had to find a route round, but perhaps for no reason now.

FFDEFB55-B28A-455B-B0F4-69002C2FC77E.jpg

Can’t remember what happened now but they were working on it for several months. I think they either rebuilt old bridge or put new one in so there’s no restriction now.

Looks like a new bridge that’s raised up.

2012: google.co.uk/maps/@50.85135 … 312!8i6656

2015: google.co.uk/maps/@50.85132 … 312!8i6656

Thanks. So my atlas is correct. Just out of date.

DickyNick:
Thanks. So my atlas is correct. Just out of date.

It would seem so. Can you not plug it into the laptop and update it■■?
No? Oh how quaint [emoji23]

There’s a lot of bridges not on a bridge height map that are not in weight limits either but just are on minor roads ,probably the sort of roads /route a lorry sat nav would not take ,but very annoying for me when I get to the point of no return . Plus plenty in weight limits not on map too :blush:

The bridge on the A17 at Heckington grew in height a few years back, was 16’3" but is above 16’6" now because no height is shown.