Rail shipping truck loads?

hi,
I’m new here, but I’m hearing that the hundreds of loads that move
every night through our rail networks, are heavily government funded,
lots of fuel, and lots of tesco/morrisons/malcolms’/stobarts,etc,
to name a few.

im not sure i understand why the government is funding the movement
of huge wealthy companies, by rail, while putting fuel prices up, to remove
the trucks off our roads, creating lots of unemployment?

if anyone can shine a light, id be grateful… cos I’m currently baffled

cheers

freightliner run a business on goverment subsides.

I’m currently working StobartRail out of Maritimes Railport Tilbury! 5 of us run 22/24 boxes into Tesco Purfleet and cages or empty back to Tilbury! 10 hours a night! More a Shunters job than a drivers one! :confused:
This is what we were offered after being taken off the Tramping! It’s VERY BORING work! :unamused:

If the government are funding this then it is a surprise! I’m not sure running a train from Daventry to Tilbury would attract much of a subsidy though!
Stobart did get a few million to run the train to Scotland!

Absolutely correct.The government is subsidising rail freight as opposed to road transport by way of fuel taxation policy amongst other freebies because of the so called CO2 bs argument.In reality they’re looking after their cronies in big business because there’s not many small businesses that can get into rail freight doing sub contract rail traction work with their own locomotive. :imp:

BUT.If they ever do decide to offer the possiblity. :bulb: :smiley:

dessy:
I’m currently working StobartRail out of Maritimes Railport Tilbury! 5 of us run 22/24 boxes into Tesco Purfleet and cages or empty back to Tilbury! 10 hours a night! More a Shunters job than a drivers one! :confused:
This is what we were offered after being taken off the Tramping! It’s VERY BORING work! :unamused:

According to wheelnut that’s better than driving long distance all over the country and across the continent though. :open_mouth: :unamused: :laughing: