Radio stations

Anyone got any tips on what radio stations to listen too when abroad?? Mainly rock stations :wink:

i’ve got italy covered as virgin down there is top notch,but france is a different kettle of fish :unamused: :unamused:

Try reading through these sites,LINK-1NOW thisLINK-2;THE NEXT LINK
shows were you can hear english radios in Germany,BFBS and AFN
LINK-3
Just scroll down the site when you get on to it and all will be shown.

Radio 4 on long wave 198 can’t beat it :smiley:

Only place i have ever been able to get it on 198 is the first services at Irun on top of the hill. You can get BFBS out of gib down on the coast.

Thetaff:
Anyone got any tips on what radio stations to listen too when abroad?? Mainly rock stations :wink:

i’ve got italy covered as virgin down there is top notch,but france is a different kettle of fish :unamused: :unamused:

there is also virgin in france not sure if its the same as the italian one though

welshboyinspain:
Radio 4 on long wave 198 can’t beat it :smiley:

Things must have changed then,I never heard Radio4 playing rock.

In France I usually tune to RTL 2,but it’s a bit hit and miss reception wise.And I find French DJ’s a bit annoying,very excited and very loud.

In Germany I listen to NDR 2 in the north,WDR 2 in the Ruhr and SWR 3 in the south west,and if I venture down to Bayern then it’s Antenna Bayern.

In Belgium Joe FM (used to be 4FM,but now renamed after Q-Music bought it) and in Holland Radio 2,3FM or Sky Radio.

I do miss Wogan in the morning’s though :cry:

In France just tend to leave AUTOROUTE FM on.
In Belgium it is normally STUBRU.
In Holland CITY ROCK I think it’s called.
In Germany depending where I am but its usually BFBS radio 1, AFN, SWR3,or BAYERN 3.
In Austria or Southern Germany on a really nice day FM 4 I think.If it’s not called FM 4 its the station that is in English in the mornings.If anyone knows why it is in English in the mornings only let me know been wondering for years

try reading this about FM4,HERE

THIS WAS ONE OF ITS PARTNERS many years ago and was a bloody good station to listen to as well, HERE

sth of france nice area. riviera radio 106.5 all english

What I want to know is why does Autoroute FM in France play realy slow music during the night when some good rock would help me stay awake at the wheel a lot better :open_mouth: