Radio Stations

What radio station do you listen to in the cab?

the amount of times i get in a cab and it is on Radio 2 as an agency driver but why?

is it because wagon drivers are getting older■■?

i listen to radio 1 just because it makes me laugh most of the time!

I tagged Radio 2, but often go to Radio 4 as well, especially between
6 and 7.30am.
And once i’m on 4 I often find it grips me.

Mr G, your poll wasn’t wide enough, and I think this has actually
been done fairly recently as well!

You missed out a fifth check box:
(5) I never listen to the radio because all they talk about is the same left wing do-gooder crap, and all they play is the same gutless poppy dross :exclamation:

i only listern to 3 stations…

radio 1 chris moyles in morning… has me in :laughing:
talk sport/radio… coz i end up talking to myself about there topics!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
radio 2… chris evans… good allround show… and sometimes steve wright

radio 1 for me guy’s get sick off channel changing so just stick to that one.

radio 2

talksport

local radio.

thats me :wink: :wink: :wink:

DAB FM transmitter…

Planet Rock!

All the way! none of that namby pamby boring chat about politics and other tedious things. Just good music and abuse.

Alex

206doorman:
I tagged Radio 2, but often go to Radio 4 as well, especially between
6 and 7.30am.
And once i’m on 4 I often find it grips me.

Mr G, your poll wasn’t wide enough, and I think this has actually
been done fairly recently as well!

how much wider do you want it? “other radio station”?

The same goes for me as goes for Mr Doorman.

Radio 2 between 7 & 2

Radio 4 between 2 & 4

Then back to radio 2

I wouldn’t say that at 33 I’m particularly THAT old!!! :open_mouth:

I’m 22 and can’t stand any of the monkeys on Radio 1. So I don’t necessarily think its purely down to age.

Radio 2 is bearable mostly, Alex Lester is probly the safest bet on there, but it’s rare I start that early, Sarah Kennedy can get me raging in less than a sentence with her naivity though, so its a bit of a tightrope for me trying to listen to it. Terry Wogan is ok for his short show, Ken Bruce is bearable apart from popmaster which I would rather sit in silence than listen to.

Jeremy Whine occasionally has an interesting story once in a blue moon, but the muppets he brings on normally start making my ears bleed with their banality before long so I am forced to switch off.

Steve Wright probably has the best bits of music on, but is also guilty of playing the same old pop dross every single show as well. Can’t stand Chris evans, but luckily rarely working that late.

I stick to Radio 2 cos you can pretty much get it everywhere, can’t be bothered switching channels every 15 minutes.

LBC 97.3 is worth a listen though if you are in the mood for someone to rip the UK and its people to bits for a while. :laughing:

Keep meaning to get a DAB, but never quite get round to it.

Raido one 6am till 10

Talksport 10 till 7 (apart from Friday, Five live 1 till 4 - movie revues)

Nights - CD player (unless Whale or Collins are entertaining on Talksport)

:sunglasses: Start work anywhere from 1400 onwards…Radio 2, 1900 onward… Five Live ( except Fridays… Radio 1 ) :open_mouth: Weekends can be tricky… a bit of Dale Winton with pick of the pops on Sunday ain`t bad for the nostalgia though :wink:

greg james on radio 1…then chris moyles radio 1
then talk sport with that idiot john gaunt
then anything till scot mills and chappers radio 1

Depends really,dont really start til 6.30 so its Kennedy til about 7,then Moyles til 10,then MP3 player/or bits of Bruce,Vine,Radio 3 maybe then Scott Mills at 4-7,then back onto 2 on Tuesdays for Desmond Carrington and Radcliffe and Maconie most nights.
Dont watch much telly to be perfectly honest

Do like Mo Dutta on a Saturday when running in and Alex Lester if im up that early. :sunglasses:

Bring back Mark and Lard, with "fat "Harry White!!!

split between radio 2 and radio 4…the plays are good on 4,i also find that 4 is better for staying alert on a long run.(ie:not nodding off).they are well ahead of the game with news,the credit crunch was predicted months before it was even mentioned on the tv news.
radio 2 is fair for travel news and is ok in the afternoon…that pop quiz in the morning gets on my ■■■■ though.
sorry guys but radio 1 is just full of people shouting…nobody can talk at a normal level…stopped listening to it when i was about 20.

i’m 36 now. :open_mouth: :smiley:

bugcos:
Bring back Mark and Lard, with "fat "Harry White!!!

I do miss him spreadin’ a bit luurrve in the afternoon and him going around with Fat Harriet in his Bedford Rascal cabriolet :laughing::lol::lol:

BBC Radio 1,2,4 or Five Live. Commercial radio does my nut in. The jingles to the bad ads somehow make you start humming them all day :stuck_out_tongue:

listen to raders and maconie in week 99% of time…
desmond plays some cracking choices for an octagerian :open_mouth:

if i know i am gonna be back in yard before 10 i stop and listen lol to end :slight_smile:

and for next 2 weeks mark is stepping in for steve wright… and IMHO i reckon mark and liz (or emma) is far better than wrighty

hope i get a earlier start time next 2 weeks then… 1.30 pm then :slight_smile:

Interesting,

Radio 2, is apparently by FAR the favourite (so far)

Q agrees:
I.E if the Truck Radio was only able to tune ONE STATION
I would definitely be happy if it was “Radio 2”.

(and I’m surprised no one mentioned this)

Or CLASSIC FM

Why:

Well while driving
I like music just as a back ground

And both have good National Traffic Bulletins.

Local Radio, is a dead loss, unless you live local to the station
( whats the use of being told there is a accident on “Belinton Road”, near “Massy Bridge”
If you have NO IDEA, were either of these locations are ) ;-(

I listen quiet a lot to Planet Rock while at home,
But just lately it does’nt have enough variation of content,

Alice Cooper in the morning is there best show

Else its starting to sound like a best of (all time top 100) Rock CD

In my Cab, I listen to music stored on my GPS player
broadcast to the cab radio by a mini Transmitter
with “Traffic annoucements” overide enabled.
(its usually Classic FM, when the Traffic cuts in !!)

Its the BBC Home service , sorrry Radio 4, for me