Radio replacement?

Has anyone replaced their truck radio with something decent. I’m fed up with the crap radio in my FH and fancy upgrading it a bit.

Obviously ideally it would just be something I could swap and then swap back at end of week.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Yes

The scanny radio is billy basic so I swap it out with a pioneer radio with Bluetooth. Works brilliant as even laptop connects to it come film time at end of shift. Radio supply is 12v in scania Which helps. Even if it wasn’t i could and would create a ■■■ socket cable and plug to plug in the 12v. Don’t know if volvo is 24v supply for radio. Merc is 24v radio.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Has anyone replaced their truck radio with something decent. I’m fed up with the crap radio in my FH and fancy upgrading it a bit.

Obviously ideally it would just be something I could swap and then swap back at end of week.

Anyone got any experience of this?

Not sure about the swap back weekly bit but I’ve fitted a few different dab radios in my lorries ,ones with out cd though ,the windscreen ariel that earths to the cab pillar is favourite .

got a deal in halfords fold out screen plays dvd and can take sd card or usb. Even changed the speakers as the daf ones are ■■■■■
will all come back out when truck sold. This is in a grab mind you but its great when quiet working on motorway jobs

I replaced the radio in my 2005 FH and 2012 FH, both were 12v and a straight swap because the plugs were the same, if it’s these new shape FH I’m not sure but I know a driver who has put one in next to the tacho where the cd player is but I think it was a big job

Tune in radio app on phone and a aux lead

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

thetastytrucker:
Tune in radio app on phone and a aux lead

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Fantastic app use it while I’m at home but don’t you struggle with 3g signal while out and about?

Replaced our crap Iveco one with an Alpine unit - quality tunes and also upgraded the speakers as well

Dave