Radio problems

I fitted a new radio to my truck at the weekend as Bluetooth on the old one had stopped working. They are both Clarion units and almost identical. However, every time I turn the ignition completely off, it cuts power to the unit and it defaults to manufacturers settings. Does it need to be programmed to the lorry, (Scania), or am I missing something?
Any help appreciated as it’s a right sarach.

It needs a permanent live…

Ok. There must be one there though as the old radio didn’t die like this one does. Maybe although the plug seems identical, the wires are in different positions.

Old John:
Ok. There must be one there though as the old radio didn’t die like this one does. Maybe although the plug seems identical, the wires are in different positions.

If it’s std iso connection, there should be a permanent live, remove key and prob with multimeter, I don’t know but does the scania have a electric sleep mode, were after 2-3 hours the systems shut down. Same as a volvo

One for the Techies.
I’ve sussed how to play Spotify music tracks off my phone via bluetooth through the truck speakers.
I’ve downloaded a Radio station app, but can’t seem to play it the same way via the bluetooth.
Anybody?

biggriffin:

Old John:

If it’s std iso connection, there should be a permanent live, remove key and prob with multimeter, I don’t know but does the scania have a electric sleep mode, were after 2-3 hours the systems shut down. Same as a volvo

I’ll try the meter on it tomorrow.
No, it doesn’t seem to have the system shut down like a Volvo.
(It’s quite old)

robroy:
One for the Techies.
I’ve sussed how to play Spotify music tracks off my phone via bluetooth through the truck speakers.
I’ve downloaded a Radio station app, but can’t seem to play it the same way via the bluetooth.
Anybody?

I think its a problem with the radio apps, they dont sync up very well. Absolute radio over bluetooth sounds like a record running at 2/3rds speed, thats in a variety of different trucks and cars. I just use an aux cable plugged in or even better a usb connection if the radio has one, that charges the phone as well :slight_smile:

Fuzrat:

robroy:
One for the Techies.
Anybody?

I think its a problem with the radio apps, they dont sync up very well. Absolute radio over bluetooth sounds like a record running at 2/3rds speed, thats in a variety of different trucks and cars. I just use an aux cable plugged in or even better a usb connection if the radio has one, that charges the phone as well :slight_smile:

Thanks for that mate,.I’ll give it a go.

Try a different radio App.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

biggriffin:
It needs a permanent live…

Popped the fuse on the permanent live by grounding the terminal or pinching the wire?