Radio Leeds - M62

Now on: Debate about how safe you feel driving on the M62, after this mornings nightmare…

So 2 vans & a motorcycle come together leading to traffic mayhem & someone asks a dumbass, question?

Did they forget about the overturned van on the M60 this am, & the truck crossover hitting a bridge on the M67 a week ago all causing traffic mayhem.

I rarely feel safe on any motorways as they seem full of complete & utter balloons :confused:

I leave a big gap & somewhere to go wherever possible :confused:

the M62 has been quite a hot topic recently on local media.
Lots of complaints from Joe Public regarding tailgating trucks, trucks nose to tail approaching junctions making it diffcult to merge etc …and as an ex trucker I have to agree that there is a lot of truth in their complaints about trucks through these roadworks.

I drive a lot in these roadworks in lorry and car. Yes the trucks can bunch up together at times but my reading of this is that they have nowhere to go and cant overtake as there is a car muppet pacing them in lanes 2 and 3 often travelling 40 to 45 in a 50 with nothing in front of them. If these idiots moved over to lane 1 and allowed the rest of the traffic to operate as normal there would barely be an issue. What is efectively happening is they are creating a rolling roadblock!!#

they should build a link road/motorway from the A1/A59 across to the M65, and also Motorway woodhead to the M67.
the 62 is a kin joke and has been for a good few years, all this is going to do is make the que wider and slightly shorter when its finished total waste of money really, the above roads would cut the traffic by a good 40% if not a little more

We got tailgated by a truck through there a couple of weeks back, literally centimetres from the bumper. My mrs was driving, and doing bang on 50 cos I checked to see if she was dawdling and holding things up, and he was switching from one lane to another and undertaking at every opportunity. All lanes were really busy so she would’ve had nowhere to go if she’d needed to let anybody out or brake suddenly. I doubt he could even see our brake lights, he was that close. Pretty scary having a truck that close that you can count the number of flies on the grille through your back window. I won’t name the firm, they’re from the York area, but I’d know the truck and driver again if I saw it cos I had a good look at him

They’ve fubared the 62 and the area round junction 27/28. No wonder there are as many accidents. I counted 4 car drivers texting last week, one woman texting and paying no attention whilst joining at 28. Quick blast on the horn got her attention. 1 bloke had his baby in car and he was about 6inch away from car in front and texting. Phones should use GPS and if travelling above 5mph you can’t text.

del949:
the M62 has been quite a hot topic recently on local media.
Lots of complaints from Joe Public regarding tailgating trucks, trucks nose to tail approaching junctions making it diffcult to merge etc …and as an ex trucker I have to agree that there is a lot of truth in their complaints about trucks through these roadworks.

Yes, but as we drive on the LEFT in this country even on a motorway with two extra overtaking lanes, once you have finished overtaking, MOVE TO THE LEFT! Cars braking systems can’t stop 44 tonnes! Simples :unamused: :open_mouth: Debate = OOOOHHHHHH massive juggernaut, road kill type, Yorkshire helmets who can’t get off because the naughty truckers are all BUNCHED UP NOSE TO TAIL! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

kevchalluk:
I won’t name the firm, they’re from the York area, but I’d know the truck and driver again if I saw it cos I had a good look at him

you’re Ard, where’s your lipstick? WHY DIDN’T you tell your wife " move to the left dear! " :open_mouth: :unamused: HTH :grimacing:

coreysboys:
I drive a lot in these roadworks in lorry and car. Yes the trucks can bunch up together at times but my reading of this is that they have nowhere to go and cant overtake as there is a car muppet pacing them in lanes 2 and 3 often travelling 40 to 45 in a 50 with nothing in front of them. If these idiots moved over to lane 1 and allowed the rest of the traffic to operate as normal there would barely be an issue. What is efectively happening is they are creating a rolling roadblock!!#

Heavy traffic is no excuse for tailgating in a truck!!! Or bunching up for that matter, the only other thing on the road that could kill you, is another truck, and that other truck could be driven by an idiot!!!

Fatboy slimslow:
you’re Ard, where’s your lipstick? WHY DIDN’T you tell your wife " move to the left dear! " :open_mouth: :unamused: HTH :grimacing:

there wasn’t room to pull to the left cos all the trucks were bunched up :sunglasses:

why should she have to pull in between more trucks just to let some ■■■■ breaking the speed limit come past her?

we went over there on sat , and the numptys in the roadworks doing 40-45 in the middle lane was shocking

I was gonna put up a long winded explanation, defending truckers and the probs with these roadworks, but I can’t be arsed, I usually go through them several times a day and all I do is give plenty of room, plenty of mirrors and drive only my truck, not someone else’s car/van/whatever. Suffice to say I’m beyond being peed off, not with the roadworks, but the attitude of others whether tailgating, impersonating traffic police, those that don’t know what average means, the ‘I wannabe your crumple zone’ types as well as the myriad of bbm, facecock, twits and texters, all have something better to do than concentrating on driving, most go through these roadworks twice a day and have done since they started and they still can’t be arsed to get out of bed 10 minutes earlier, nor have they learnt which lane to already be in 300 yards away from their exit. So I say zb it, I’m paid by the hour, so everyone can carry on playing their games between 40 & 60 mph, I don’t care.

PS. To the old ■■■■ driving for Autologic, buy a sat-nav or look at yer map book before you have to negotiate the narrow lanes through these roadworks, I’d have loved to see the look on the DHL drivers face when you ran him into lane 3.

globby 480:
they should build a link road/motorway from the A1/A59 across to the M65, and also Motorway woodhead to the M67.
the 62 is a kin joke and has been for a good few years, all this is going to do is make the que wider and slightly shorter when its finished total waste of money really, the above roads would cut the traffic by a good 40% if not a little more

£150M for 5 junctions on the M62 apparently - I wonder how much the above would have cost.

Stan

A lot of these issues are caused by the average speed cameras. People are paranoid about getting a ticket. No one dare exceed 50mph except the odd brain dead that belts through at 70mph 'cos they haven’t seen the cameras or think they are immune.

Lots of planks in cars, often beemers, Then all the ‘Kylie’s’ in their Saxos and Clios. There also seems to be many truck drivers on this section of road that really need to learn what the words ‘braking distance’ mean. :wink:

dominicpriestley:
They’ve fubared the 62 and the area round junction 27/28. No wonder there are as many accidents. I counted 4 car drivers texting last week, one woman texting and paying no attention whilst joining at 28. Quick blast on the horn got her attention. 1 bloke had his baby in car and he was about 6inch away from car in front and texting. Phones should use GPS and if travelling above 5mph you can’t text.

Be a bit of a pain if you were a passenger though eh? :laughing:

Those roadworks are a joke, so far from I can remember they have claimed 4 lives regardless off who was at fault.