Radio 2.

Rob’s latest review as TN 's unofficial (self appointed :smiley: ) reviewer. :smiley:

Anybody else think Gary Davies should have a daily show?
He’s been sitting in for Steve Wright this week.
I used to listen to Gary on R1 in the old days, and now I always listen to his 80s show through the BBC Sounds app on a Saturday morning.
Always been a fan of his radio style,. true pro imo.

I’ve nothing at all against female presenters, but Zoe Ball grinds my gears, music for the middle classes :unamused: ,.really can’t listen to her.
Vanessa Feltz ? as above,.although tbf she is quite good when standing in for Vine (somebody else I can’t stand) and does a better job imo.
Vine should be replaced by Nicky Campbell, a proper music radio dj with news type programme skills.

They’ve gone and replaced Graham Norton with Claudia ■■■■ Winkleman :open_mouth: …wtf is that all about? :unamused: , they got rid of Anneka Rice in the same slot a couple of years ago, who was a disaster, and now they make a similar mistake by appointing her. :unamused:

Steve Wright could try and emulate his R1 show style.
Ken Bruce is still good.
Sarah Cox would be better suited on the breakfast show instead of Ms Ball.

I see Simon Mayo is reviving his drive time show on Greatest Hits Radio, their gain R2’s (big) loss.
The station needs a ■■■■ big shake up.

Opinions?

Sorry.I can’t remember when I last listened to BBC radio anything.CDs or mp3 player for me.Obviously I’m a baby boomer of a certain generation.

Gary definitely deserves a better slot.

Come to that so do I…but enough of my ■■■ life.

Never got over Simon Mayo being booted out and Cox whilst she’s grown on me - like thrush - still doesn’t cut the mustard.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

they had alan carr on a morning slot recently :frowning: had to turn it off…his voice is so ■■■■ annoying :smiling_imp:
gary davies ooo gary davies :frowning: keeps going on about the '80’s…is that the only decade he has lived in!
still like sir ken bruce tho :slight_smile:

carryfast-yeti:
gary davies ooo gary davies :frowning: keeps going on about the '80’s…is that the only decade he has lived in!

Hmmm would that be on his only regular show at the moment…
‘’ SOUNDS OF THE 80S with Gary Davies’’ :bulb: :smiley:
I listened to his stand in for Steve Wright last week,.and when he stood in for Ken.Bruce,.and I don’t recall that tbh. :neutral_face:

If I get in my truck/car, start up, and some record blares out the radio that I have heard a thousand times or more, its akin to having matchsticks slid under my fingernails. I can’t switch if off quick enough. Back in the day I would of turned it up, but as you get older, surely the repetition drives you mad? Radio 4 and podcasts keep me informed, and I now save the music for when I want to listen to a particular track…and not have it chosen for me by some perma-tanned has-been whose relevance has long passed. :astonished:

Janos:
If I get in my truck/car, start up, and some record blares out the radio that I have heard a thousand times or more, its akin to having matchsticks slid under my fingernails. I can’t switch if off quick enough. Back in the day I would of turned it up.
BUT AS YOU GET OLDET SURELY THE REPETITION DRIVES YOU MAD.
Radio 4 and podcasts keep me informed, and I now save the music for when I want to listen to a particular track…and not have it chosen for me by some perma-tanned has-been whose relevance has long passed. :astonished:

Speak for yourself, …That depends on individual attitude, temperament and demeanour mate.
I’m fairly ‘old’ :smiley: but I still listen to my music volume just below the pain barrier. :blush: :smiley:
Then again there ain’t much music that I don’t like tbh, it’s a much varied taste.

Rob, Radio 2 was passe even when it was almost okay to listen to. For me that would be when Wogan done the brekkie show and Jimmy Young did the talk show.
After a couple of weeks of the dreadful Vine, I made a decision never to tune into the patronising Londoncentric ponce again. Seems the decision may of been made by my tastes changing as I got older.
Flying the flag for Radio 2 makes you seem like an analogue person in a digital world. :open_mouth:
Internet radio means you can pick any genre of music. Which means you don’t have to listen to Smashie and Nicey characters picking the same old records…plus am sure I could out decibel most when a decent Zep tune comes on. :unamused: There is just a time and place for it.
Listening to the Radio2 playlist constantly day in day out can’t be good for your mental health.

Janos:
Rob, Radio 2 was passe even when it was almost okay to listen to. For me that would be when Wogan done the brekkie show and Jimmy Young did the talk show.
After a couple of weeks of the dreadful Vine, I made a decision never to tune into the patronising Londoncentric ponce again. Seems the decision may of been made by my tastes changing as I got older.
Flying the flag for Radio 2 makes you seem like an analogue person in a digital world. :open_mouth:
Internet radio means you can pick any genre of music. Which means you don’t have to listen to Smashie and Nicey characters picking the same old records…plus am sure I could out decibel most when a decent Zep tune comes on. :unamused: There is just a time and place for it.
Listening to the Radio2 playlist constantly day in day out can’t be good for your mental health.

Flying the flag? :open_mouth: :laughing:
Where did I say I listen to it all day?
If you actually read my o/p it clearly puts across that I don’t listen to most of the presenters shows for various reasons . :bulb:
I was merely commenting on it’s present state,.as I know by previous posts that the station on here is fairly popular with guys on here.
As for Wogan and Jimmy Young :open_mouth: ,.I think I was still listening to R1 in those days when they were on,… or come to think of it any bloody thing but those 2. :unamused:

So thanks for keeping me up to date on modern listening methods btw. :neutral_face: but I ain’t been hibernating or in the nick for the last 10 yrs. :neutral_face:
I do have a Spotify account, and I listen to some digital stations via bluetooth on my phone through the truck speakers.
On a morning I listen to Chris Moyles on Radio X (yeh I know not everyone’s taste) and flick through between that and Talksport and 5 live, depending on if I’m interested on the topics discussed.
Then Ken Bruce, mainly for Popmaster, with a bit of Toby Tarrant (Radio X guitar based rock) and again Talksport football show simultaneously.
Then it’s BBC sounds app, and a bit of Spotify chucked in…maybe Steve Wright sometimes, but always for his ‘Serious jockin’ show on a Friday that takes me back to my youth.
So sorry mate, but you’re a bit late trying to drag me into Century 21.
Like I said it was a review/comment after listening to Gary Davies last week. :wink:

Virgin from 4am until 6.30am, there’s a cracking DJ on, called Sam Pinkham (brother of F1 presenter Natalie), easy listening and a very likeable fella. When the ginger whinged was off he stood in for him and made Evans’s show 100% better.

My latest guilty discovery is Smooth Country. All I’ve got to do now is dig my cowboy boots out!

Also love Jack radio and listen to BFBS quite a bit too.

Only listen to Ken Bruce during the week and if Ooh Gary Bland Davies is standing in then it’s a no from me, Saturday night Liza Tarbuck is a good listen quirky and doesn’t take herself seriously. Huey Morgan used to be a good show on early Saturday mornings a wide variety of music and on a Sunday, Sound’s of the 70’s with Johnny Walker other than that it’s no different to radio 1 and needs to stop using Radio 1 has beens, Steve Wright and Jeremy Wine are two people you could never tire of smacking around the head with a shovel.

Mazzer2:
Sound’s of the 70’s with Johnny Walker other than that it’s no different to radio 1

For me ‘sounds of the 70’s’ means Radio 1 ( or more often Capital ).
Radio 2 was what my parents listened to. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=4DKHp9rFg_M&t=2s

youtube.com/watch?v=XHCb2fUPVYk

youtube.com/watch?v=NKSzs3BlR2Q

Some grit in my eyes hearing these old jingles and Wogan again for the first time since. :frowning:

Mazzer2:
Only listen to Ken Bruce during the week and if Ooh Gary Bland Davies is standing in then it’s a no from me, Saturday night Liza Tarbuck is a good listen quirky and doesn’t take herself seriously. Huey Morgan used to be a good show on early Saturday mornings a wide variety of music and on a Sunday, Sound’s of the 70’s with Johnny Walker other than that it’s no different to radio 1 and needs to stop using Radio 1 has beens, Steve Wright and Jeremy Wine are two people you could never tire of smacking around the head with a shovel.

Like easy listening, try 693 4KQ (am). Breakfast slot is the best (the traffic reports might not be much help to you, though :wink: ), 05:00~09:00, GMT +10.
Saturday night is okay, too. Available on Iheart also.

4kq.com.au/