Radio 2 this week

Don’t think ive ever heard such a putrid assemblage of naff charisma bypasses on the station as this week.utterly hellish vision of the abbys,where are they unearthing these slimeballs from?

Can’t be arsed with it any more, the radio got switched on for a total of two minutes earlier in the week, just happened to catch the arse end of a state propaganda broadcast from the bbc, informing me of multiple ‘asian’ excuses for men being convicted of multiple rapes and child grooming etc.

I did wonder if they might be Japanese Korean Thai Chinese or possibly even Tibetan monk ‘asians’, but amazingly it appears they were the usual bloody suspects, who could have guessed that :unamused: …yes that is pure bloody sarcasm because the BBC and MSM deserve nothing less.
The radio was switched off in disgust and i’m not too sure it will ever be turned on again, what is certain is that is the very last item i shall ever hear read or see from the state broadcaster :imp:

DJs? Interviewers? Interviewees? News-readers? Modern Pop Combos?
Bet you can’t wait until Parliament resumes and all those politicians come back and grace the airwaves.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Unless I’m local to home when I have wave105 on or around Oxfordshire Jack fm
Radio is mostly on mute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find the traffic news…

Helpful. It’s saved me many an hour being caught up in a jam.

Sadly the large majority of radio has little to do with music for the listeners enjoyment. It’s more to do with self-promotion, utterly tedious interviews with people I have no interest in, boring sports interviews (‘well, it was a game of two halves’ or ‘I spanked him in round one’), groups of people reading items from magazines or the most uninspiring advertising known to man.

I agree with the OP, this week has been even worse than usual on R2.

Juddian: try a listen to BBC R4, PM programme about 17-30 today. That’s dealing with the issue you’re talking about.

blue estate:
Radio is mostly on mute

All of the above but bloody hell rad 2 is now a hellish miasma of stagnant egomaniacry it’s possible to imagine. A satanic marriage of musical effluence and zero charisma jockery,It makes that ‘musical’ crud you hear in Little Chef or McDonald’s sound like the Beatles in comparison.I’m totally with you with that Juddian,yet still the masses shell out nearly 200 nicker per annum for this. perception manipulation project known as the bbc.it’s so transparent too,thats what rankles.

Franglais:
Juddian: try a listen to BBC R4, PM programme about 17-30 today. That’s dealing with the issue you’re talking about.

I wouldn’t expect the truth there it’s still the BBC.

Franglais:

What? discussing the issue of the BBC’s unbelievably biased propaganda :open_mouth: , some self flagellation live on air with cat’s o’ nine tails whilst reciting the Latin Mass backwards :wink:

Seriously mate if i dared put that on then i can almost guarantee my Mrs would brick another bloody listening device/screen, she’s got a sight shorter fuse than i have for such rot :laughing:

Juddian:

Franglais:

What? discussing the issue of the BBC’s unbelievably biased propaganda :open_mouth: , some self flagellation live on air with cat’s o’ nine tails whilst reciting the Latin Mass backwards :wink:

Seriously mate if i dared put that on then i can almost guarantee my Mrs would brick another bloody listening device/screen, she’s got a sight shorter fuse than i have for such rot [emoji38]

Well, see if anyone else heats it and does/doesn’t recommend it as safe for you. I wouldn’t want to be responsible for an attack of apoplexy to you or your good lady wife.
I thought it was starting to address the issue, doubtless many will disagree.

I did enjoy the tale[13 30 to 1400] about the kids being sent to Canada, Australia, and new Zealand being told they were going to a better life,quite a sad tale.

blue estate:
Radio is mostly on mute

Jack FM Oxfordsgire is the best of a bad bunch, can’t stand that t… on the breakfast show. When I do listen I do like some of the women they speak to.
This is that “Annabelle” bird…
m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 … ent_filter

I could just about manage rad 4,but for the Oxfordcentric posturings they ladle out hither and yon.The Archers is their chosen weapon for subtle drip feeds of neo-liberal platitudes,as i remember so well a previous tnuk poster saying,ie- ‘’ eat your 5 portions of fruit and veg"“oarr!” (brilliant) and that deep voiced continuity announcer they utilise lest there’s any misunderstanding that they aren’t totally bang on trend in the ethnic minority stakes.But worst of all (outside of the psyop of The Today programme) has to be the plethora of deeply unfunny ‘comedians’ they roll out later in the day,they all sound the same to me,David Mitchel clones to a man.Almost makes me nostalgic for Bernard manning.

Forget R2 with Steve Wright and listeners saying " Love the show ."
Simon Mayo with the wine drinking women on a mammoth pointless seven hour car journey from hell stuck in traffic .
Radio Berkshire is one of the best, brilliant presenters from Anne Diamond, Mike Reid.
My best is Radio Manchester Alan Beswick
Late night phone in.
Mon to Fri 22.00 to 01.00 am.
The man is a genius.

truckman020:
I did enjoy the tale[13 30 to 1400] about the kids being sent to Canada, Australia, and new Zealand being told they were going to a better life,quite a sad tale.

Yes I found it a very good story, only downside was listening to fatty feltz, can’t stand that women, sooner she’s sacked the better. R4 is beginning to sound better especially the farming at 05.45.

Outlook on r4 at 4 am is an excellent program

Radio 4 for me, all day every day

switchlogic:
Radio 4 for me, all day every day

Think I may have to try this R4 malarky myself.
Did anyone else clock chris ■■■■ bag evans and his salary the other week?
2.5 million a year! Not bad for being a total tool is it!! :laughing:

I used to be a radio 4 man, but I can no longer bear the feminist man-hating agenda that appears to underlie every other program.

It’s all “women this” and “women that”… more women needed in the arts, more women running their own businesses, more women should be at the top, gender pay gap, more gender pay gap, blah blah blah. If it’s not that, it’s gays this, lesbians that, transexuals all around.

There seems to be very little for a straight white man to cling onto.

So now I drive in silence, or listen to audio books, or music on my ipod, or occasionally The World Tonight on radio 4.

ezydriver:
There seems to be very little for a straight white man to cling onto.

Ha, right :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: