Racial VOSA officer

newmercman:

Buford T Justice:
Do you get on your high horse by being called a bean muncher or a limey?

Not at all, as it’s only a thick paddy or dumbass yank that would call me that anyway :laughing: :laughing:

Limey.

TokenYank:

newmercman:

Buford T Justice:

Not at all, as it’s only a thick paddy or dumbass yank that would call me that anyway :laughing: :laughing:

Limey.

Yank…

Yes?

mrx:
If paddy din’t keep breaking the rules he wouldn’t keep being stopped.

What and every English driver obeys every law all the time?

kr79:

mrx:
If paddy din’t keep breaking the rules he wouldn’t keep being stopped.

What and every English driver obeys every law all the time?

There is an echo in here! :laughing:

Yeah, cos bean munchers never break the rules either!

Is there a point to this thread?

WTF is a bean muncher?

kr79:
WTF is a bean muncher?

Dunno, never heard of it. I know what a rug muncher is. :wink:

kr79:
WTF is a bean muncher?

I have never heard of it either, and it cant be as bad as calling Paddy a thick Mick

kr79:
WTF is a bean muncher?

it is from when the irish started doing a lot of uk work, and word went round that every meal at every truck stop or service area had beans with it.
hence the term for an englishman became a bean.
nothing sinister or degrading at all. when i first found out about this, my reply was “is that it?” :smiley:

I don’t see that the term “Paddy” is particularly derogatory, it simply refers to the fact that “Patrick”, often shortened to “Paddy” is a common Irish name. Germans refer to Russians as “Ivans” for the same reason.

Harry Monk:
I don’t see that the term “Paddy” is particularly derogatory, it simply refers to the fact that “Patrick”, often shortened to “Paddy” is a common Irish name. Germans refer to Russians as “Ivans” for the same reason.

i have quite a few mates in ireland. and none of them are offended at all. one of them takes the ■■■■ out of the english by constantly calling every englishman “george” (aka, st george).
i have met the odd irishman that does take offence, but they can’t explain why.

the trouble with ‘racial’ incidents, is it just has to be perceived as a racial incident irrespective of whats said and to whom, this is probably a case ofsomeone wanting to be offended on behalf of someone else. Given that what is stated is a rumour heard from a mate who heard it from a mate, it’s just aload of hot air and I think someone stirring it up just because they have an axe to grind with Vosa

Also, Germans refer to the British as “Inselaffe”, which means “Island monkey”. Not only do I not know any British person who would be offended by that, but there is even a TruckNet member who has it as his user name.

Too sensitive, some people.

some people take it too far.
i’ve asked my mate to track down some food due to him being the black fella. what age does the family introduce him to drug dealing? can he let me have my wheels back? it must be him, he’s the only black fella round here.
it’s great when there’s people about, he’s laughing, but the white people don’t know what to do, and the looks on their faces are like they are licking ■■■■ off a thistle.

Harry Monk:
Also, Germans refer to the British as “Inselaffe”, which means “Island monkey”. Not only do I not know any British person who would be offended by that, but there is even a TruckNet member who has it as his user name.

Too sensitive, some people.

that’s probably a good one to use when they want to give you a fine.
“sorry fritz, i’m just a stupid insel affe”
that’ll get the fine reduced. :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Tommy Atkins became quite common in the trenches or just Tommy.

Calling someone a Tom might be more derogatory :laughing:

newmercman:

TokenYank:

newmercman:

Buford T Justice:

Limey.

Dumbass Yank…

FTFY!

Harry Monk:

Another few years and Mohamed will be a common greeting for an English man.

I don’t think yank, paddy, taff, jock, limey etc are derogatory, we have a member on here called The Taff, I’ve known a few Scots who like to be referred to as Jock, I went out with a bird who’s Dad was called Paddy by everyone, They are not racist names like called a black man the N word, even that is bollox as they all call themselves it :unamused: It’s all PC nonsense thought up by nerdy sandal wearing geeks in Islington :unamused:

If someone calls me a Limey, hey ho, it’s hardly fighting talk, especially as it would usually be a dumbass yank who had no idea what the term refers too anyway :laughing: Even my retalliation with Yank is misinformed, as a Yankee would only be someone from north of the Mason Dixon line, although the dumbass applies on both sides of the line :laughing:

Now my references to our colonial cousins as dumbasses could be seen as racist, if you were a small minded purple headed custard spitter, but in reality, it’s just a bit of banter, the same as jock, taff, paddy, beano, kermit, fritz, bruce, yam-yam, geordie, thievin scouse git, etc etc etc.

Here’s a tip, stand up, reach inside your undies and cup, if you have a bag containing a pair of balls, well then nature intended it to be physically impossible for you to be offended by any of the above remarks :wink:

My wife regularly refers to me as the naughty word for a lady’s undercarriage that starts with a c and ends with a t but it doesn’t offend me as she is a miserable nutcase :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: