Race car transporter choice?

Hi all looking to purchase a 7.5 tonner to transport my mk1 ■■■■■■ race car looking for a 20ft box and need advice on what to buy up to 10yrs old seen plenty on daf lf 45s, merc ategos, iveco cargos and man trucks
will be used most 1 or 2 days a week and parked up over winter

thanks in advance

We have a x 3663 scania for our race team the tailgate etc comes in very handy :slight_smile:

needs to be a 7.5 tonner due to parking issues and its all the wife can drive

Are ex tnt,dhl and tuffnells trucks any good

tractor_boy:
Hi all looking to purchase a 7.5 tonner to transport my mk1 ■■■■■■ race car looking for a 20ft box and need advice on what to buy up to 10yrs old seen plenty on daf lf 45s, merc ategos, iveco cargos and man trucks
will be used most 1 or 2 days a week and parked up over winter

thanks in advance

Would you be better off with a trailer ?

Avoid Mitsubishi Canter - mine’s an 11 plate, and hasn’t even got airbrakes!! :frowning:

Ours has living accommodation built in and is classed as a motor home.

lookin 2 sell my van and car because wiv car on trialer and spares an d tools in van im fully loaded so thought sell van worth 6k and trailer 2k buy cheap van for work thats betta on fuel and a 7.5 tonner 4 hobbie use

tractor_boy:
lookin 2 sell my van and car because wiv car on trialer and spares an d tools in van im fully loaded so thought sell van worth 6k and trailer 2k buy cheap van for work thats betta on fuel and a 7.5 tonner 4 hobbie use

I’ve got exactly what your looking for, it’s a Vreg MAN 8.163 & if you ask anyone who knows anything about 7.5 tonners they’ll tell you that these are amongst the best. It’s only done about 85,000k’s from new & I’ve known it since it was 14 months old & owned it since summer 2007 & in that time has only been used as a race bike transporter, it’s been up & down most of the circuits in the UK as well as twice to Jerez in Spain for winter testing.

It’s got a 6m long x 4m projection (biggest width available) wind out G&H awning with fully enclosing zip up sides, (windows to the front) the very best motorsport awning money can buy & I bought it new from The Awning Company in Bolton in March 2008 for £3,300 +VAT. It’s just about to go through our workshops for pre-mot check & I’m looking to get a test appointment for before the end of Jan.

Once tested I’m getting a caravan inerior fitted into the front 13’ leaving 7’ of garage space for bikes & spares etc, but if your interested in buying it as is I might sell it. This is as close to a picture of it I’ve got on this computer, I have got some on a camera somewhere, PM me if you’re interested.

After a bad day @ Mallory Pk a few weeks before the new awning was fitted!!

Ross.

PS, it’s pre-limiter so you can cruise all day @ 60 & it’ll do 80 without going into the red!!