R500 2005 king pins

Hi all just joined and would like to ask some things been to scania and got my self a hub socket for the mid lift axel it has 0-30 marked on the side I think it could be degrees any thoughts also I need to do the king pins on the mid steer lift axle never done one before any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks Isambard

I’ve moved your post to where it is more likely to get the answers you’re looking for. dd. :wink:

isambard:
Hi all just joined and would like to ask some things been to scania and got my self a hub socket for the mid lift axel it has 0-30 marked on the side I think it could be degrees any thoughts also I need to do the king pins on the mid steer lift axle never done one before any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks Isambard

I’ve moved your post to where it is more likely to get the answers you’re looking for. dd. :wink:

Whats ya chassis number ill have a look on scania multi ,How much did scania charge you for the socket£££££££ what size is it,av y got a pic.

Hi thanks for moving it to the right place the price was £85.00 for a 100mm socket it was cheaper then e bay I will have to get the number and post it sorry no photos but do not know how to do that

Chassis no. is XLER6x20005120899. Here’s a couple of pics:

isambard:
Chassis no. is XLER6x20005120899. Here’s a couple of pics:

hub torque is 300nm +45 degrees,depending on what hub caps its got on they can be a swine to get off .socket looks a bargain especially from a dealer.

Old scania kingpins up to 04 used to be taper pin and roller bearings with various size of lift shim.
Dead easy to do as opposed to stupid bloody parallel pin and bush settups used by our german collegues.

surprisingly bking I agree with you on that one… :astonished:

they are tapered pins come out the bottom, tapered bearings & shims. really are a piece of cake to do.

truckers boy:

they are tapered pins come out the bottom, tapered bearings & shims. really are a piece of cake to do.

Oh I doff my cap font of all knowledge
I kneel at thy feet master

Bking:

truckers boy:

Oh I doff my cap font of all knowledge
I kneel at thy feet master

probably only wants a shim in if theres more play at the bottom may want tapperd bearing tight ening

Hammer &chisel always did the job in my day,never worked anywhere they had hub cap or bearing sockets.lol. :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink: