R.Ward & sons,Fleetwood haulage company

Hi there,
I would just like to introduce myself with me being a new member!
My Grandad owned a haulage company on Fleetwood docks by the name of Reg Ward & sons.
I have just recently acquired some really good pictures off one of his old drivers,John Porter, and thought it would be nice to share it with you guys/galls.
I spent many a happy weekend down there in my youth helping out my uncle Bill painting and greasing up,i was a very well traveled youngster,visiting UK,Holland,Germany,France, delivering mainly fish in the old 1626 Mercs, i was my uncles Bills shadow for quite a few years!

Hello paul,i remember Reg Ward & Sons,on Fleetwood docks when i worked for Oban fish transport,driving their Volvo F88. The photo of the Merc with the old fridge brought back memories,i think it was reg no EAT 21T,last time i saw this unit was in 1991 in a yard near blackwall tunnel.The trailer was sometimes borrowed by us,to bring fish back to the market from Hull at night.I remember it was very heavy even without a load on it,also pulled the net trailer,now that was heavy,also i sometimes loaded fish from Troon harbour back to Fleetwood for old Reg.Regards Atkimark

Hi Atkimark
Its good to see a response, Oban fish, wow i remember them! I have quite a few of the old company pictures from John, i will slowly add them on in time. EAT 21T was my uncle Bills (in the yellow t-shirt) and also my favourite, she is on left hand side of them along side each other. Grandad bought her brand new from Humberside commercials, Johns was
TDO 990S, if you notice she was always sat a couple of inches higher due to heavy duty springs i think. I Remeber those net trailers and us struggling up that big hill towards Barrow! I think they were for the Omega-B?? Ill pass this message on to Billy and John, they will be glad to hear from someone from old dock!
Regards - Paul

Hi
There’s a couple of pictures here of the 1626 predecessors. The Mercedes Benz 1418!!
How rare are these things now!!

Nice to see your photos Paul! I remember seeing them about when I worked for Pandoro

Nice pictures Paul, they capture the period perfectly. What happened to them, when did they cease trading?

you can find both of them sat in ferry café at Fleetwood doing more miles there than they did on the road.