R T Keedwell

Have vacancies in several depots, any info on what they’re like to work for?

Supatramp:

Peanuts.jpg

eagerbeaver:

Supatramp:

Well that’s the pay rate answered :laughing:

Last time they advertised near me at Haydock I recall it was £7.70 per hour for first 55 then £9.■■ after 55.
Stood out as wages are normally pretty good around here, surprised they put the rate in the advert.

In line with downturns Aparantly as not to loose drivers to each other

chester1:

A sad indictment of successive governments failing our education system.

Went for an interview in Hull a few years back and assessment, never bothered hanging around for assessment, just laughed at what he said about wages and went home.

I’m guessing it’s similar to most general haulage companies. Max hours to get what looks like a decent wage until you realised how much you’ve worked for it.

That’s a presumption. All I actually know is they have quite a few contracts doing construction materials if that’s your cup of tea

Norfolkinclue1:
Last time they advertised near me at Haydock I recall it was £7.70 per hour for first 55 then £9.■■ after 55.
Stood out as wages are normally pretty good around here, surprised they put the rate in the advert.

Jesus,

How the hell do they get any drivers paying at those rates?

I get that there is a non stop flow of EE drivers who are quite prepared to work for less cash and crap working conditions, but even they have their limits to what they will work for over here.

When I left school 16 years ago I was on a similar rate to that working in a supermarket stacking shelves. Even back then I was on time and a half after 39 hours!

Ffs who would drive for those rates when there are plenty of other firms about.

the nodding donkey:

chester1:

Downonyourluckton’s are paying £9 per hour at Preston Brook, and they take an hour a day off you for breaks. £19 for a night out.

Both as crap as each other unfortunately. I believe the 4 on 4 off lads do a bit better though.

eagerbeaver:

the nodding donkey:

chester1:

Downonyourluckton’s are paying £9 per hour at Preston Brook, and they take an hour a day off you for breaks. £19 for a night out.

Both as crap as each other unfortunately. I believe the 4 on 4 off lads do a bit better though.

Yes and push you to try and make you work through that hour too :open_mouth:
And like idiots some do,have breaks while waiting etc so in effect your on less than £9 but hey you get a super space cab now,and if your face fits you can bring your truck to the truckfest recruitment drive they have,
:confused: :confused:

eagerbeaver:

the nodding donkey:

chester1:

We are :sunglasses: . But don’t tell anybody else that…

the nodding donkey:

chester1:

Meaning what ? I miss spelt one word and auto correct changed another . And yes I know how downton is spelt. I prefer to call them downturn due to what they did when they got hold of the very good job I had .
Instead of being a smart arse try saying something constructive to what the OP asked

chester1:

the nodding donkey:

chester1:

Meaning what ? I miss spelt one word and auto correct changed another . And yes I know how downton is spelt. I prefer to call them downturn due to what they did when they got hold of the very good job I had .
Instead of being a smart arse try saying something constructive to what the OP asked

Good on ya mate he’s always there with some smartass comment,well said.

Blunder Man:
Went for an interview in Hull a few years back and assessment, never bothered hanging around for assessment, just laughed at what he said about wages and went home.

Was actually looking for current info!!

bobbya:

chester1:

the nodding donkey:

chester1:

Good on ya mate he’s always there with some smartass comment,well said.

Bless.

Supatramp:

Blunder Man:

I reckon you’ve got all the info you need already mate. :bulb:

8.92 up to 50 hrs
9.25 after 50

22.50 night out
Parking paid but not allowed to use msa overnight

Run legel

Not pushed

I’ve considered phoning them as there’s a depot half hour from me but after seeing them rates I think I’ll give it a miss

Supatramp:

Blunder Man:

But he would then have had to pass up the opportunity to show what a god he is and how he doesn’t get out of bed for less than a grand a week.