R.Swain & Sons VACANCIES

We have some Class 2 jobs going!

If you go on the website you can download an application form

Went for a class 1 job there was offerd it but turned it down as the pay sceme seemed complicated

It was advertised on the jobcentre at £500 for cat C drivers?

Job No:CTM/29390SOC Code:8211Wage£500 per week grossHours55-60 per week, Monday to Friday, between 6.30am-5.30pmLocationRochester, Kent ME2DurationPermanentDate posted11 April 2012Pension detailsNo details held
Description
Must have relevant HGV licence. Must have previous experience in the same role. You will be a conscientious and reliable driver. There will be some heavy lifting involved. Duties will include multi drop driving within the Home counties. This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations. For advice on this regulation you should see the www businesslink.gov.uk website or contact the Pay and Work Rights helpline. Apply by post, email or ring 01634 733309

How to apply
You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Gary Gray at R Swain and Sons Ltd, Priory Road, ROCHESTER, Kent, ME2 2BD or to garygray@rswaingroup.com.

Spot the difference between the ads! Nothing mentioned about “potential earnings” just a flat £500 for your week which will be enough to ■■■■ a few applicants in only to find that if you haven’t asked the proper questions at interview you’re not earning as much as advertised going by their other ad… :wink:

bjd:
Went for a class 1 job there was offerd it but turned it down as the pay sceme seemed designed to baffle and short change ya

FTFY! :grimacing:

This must be the closest haulier to where I live, but the “potential upto £450” (presumably gross including all allowances) doesn’t really appeal to someone who’s effectively grossing £23k at the moment, with 6 months holiday likely this first year! :grimacing:

I’m not afraid of hard work, or long shifts. :slight_smile:

On the other hand, I’m :open_mouth: TERRIFIED :open_mouth: of crap wages! :frowning: :cry:

44 Tonne Ton:

Job No:CTM/29390SOC Code:8211Wage£500 per week grossHours55-60 per week, Monday to Friday, between 6.30am-5.30pmLocationRochester, Kent ME2DurationPermanentDate posted11 April 2012Pension detailsNo details held
Description
Must have relevant HGV licence. Must have previous experience in the same role. You will be a conscientious and reliable driver. There will be some heavy lifting involved. Duties will include multi drop driving within the Home counties. This vacancy is covered by the Working Time Regulations. For advice on this regulation you should see the www businesslink.gov.uk website or contact the Pay and Work Rights helpline. Apply by post, email or ring 01634 733309

How to apply
You can apply for this job by sending a CV/written application to Gary Gray at R Swain and Sons Ltd, Priory Road, ROCHESTER, Kent, ME2 2BD or to garygray@rswaingroup.com.

Spot the difference between the ads! Nothing mentioned about “potential earnings” just a flat £500 for your week which will be enough to ■■■■ a few applicants in only to find that if you haven’t asked the proper questions at interview you’re not earning as much as advertised going by their other ad… :wink:

Cannot speak for the other advert as I have only seen this one and was asked if I knew any drivers looking for work, as the vacancies are not in my department. I said “yeah I know where I can get a few drivers attention” so I posted it on here. Most adverts in my experience show a ball park figure and you discuss wages at interview stage.

theonlybigman:

44 Tonne Ton:

Description

How to apply

Cannot speak for the other advert as I have only seen this one and was asked if I knew any drivers looking for work, as the vacancies are not in my department. I said “yeah I know where I can get a few drivers attention” so I posted it on here. Most adverts in my experience show a ball park figure and you discuss wages at interview stage.

When you consider that a job applicant is probably taking a day off to come for an interview then really that is something that companies should be more up front about instead of possibly wasting a day. I personally wouldn’t consider taking a day off without having a very good idea about the pay and hours.

44 Tonne Ton:

theonlybigman:

44 Tonne Ton:

Description

How to apply

When you consider that a job applicant is probably taking a day off to come for an interview then really that is something that companies should be more up front about instead of possibly wasting a day. I personally wouldn’t consider taking a day off without having a very good idea about the pay and hours.

To help anyone who is interested, from what I can see it is a flat day rate, then a mileage rate for the day, meal allowance, a certain amount for each delivery made and a Quality award for the week. I may have missed something but that is as much as I know.

Any questions that you wish to ask before potentially getting an interview and taking a day off, should be fielded to Gary Gray at his email address as above. I know that he is on holiday this week so leaving it till next week would be sensible.

Good on you only if an for posting some jobs what a shame about all the negativity coming back seems like everyone’s got top paid jobs and can afford to turn it down,I would have thought it’s better to be earning something than watching Jeremy kyle on daytime tv,good luck to you. :smiley:

Are they still running that fleet of Leyland Roadtrains ■■?

bobbya:
Good on you only if an for posting some jobs what a shame about all the negativity coming back seems like everyone’s got top paid jobs and can afford to turn it down,I would have thought it’s better to be earning something than watching Jeremy kyle on daytime tv,good luck to you. :smiley:

I think you’ll find we’re being critical of the lack of transparency and contradictory information…

Kerbdog:
Are they still running that fleet of Leyland Roadtrains ■■?

I’d happyly drive a roadtrain than use a double shifted motor.

Ahh… road trains with that characteristic

brrrrrrCLUNK when you put them in gear with that little “Pssst” hi/lo switch.

I think you had to double declutch them ones if you wanted a smooth gearchange, despite them being officially “synchromesh” and all that.

Was the first vehicle I drove for RM after passing my test in 1991, although the test itself was in a renault.

Full circle, seeing as 1991 was about the same point of the business cycle as where we stand at now… Property falling, recession, stock market going nowhere, tories expected to lose the next election, etc etc. :unamused:

Have to say I’d like companies to be up front with say a minimum of £xyz/week with the potential for up to £uvw, rather than some amorphous ‘potential of earnings of over £abc/ week’ gives the impression of deception to me.

Over £450pw looks good for class 2 though certainly for up here.

They are called “Roadtrains” because you go out by road and come back by train. :wink:

Seriously, I think Swain aren’t too bad to work for if you like that type of thing, most of their drivers have been on there for years.

Older truck wouldent bother me the work could be interesting as you get to do all sorts so it would be a great learning curve but i really couldent see how i would earn any money there as there pay seemed to be bassed on to many factors most of which where out of the drivers control

Winseer:
This must be the closest haulier to where I live, but the “potential upto £450” (presumably gross including all allowances) doesn’t really appeal to someone who’s effectively grossing £23k at the moment, with 6 months holiday likely this first year! :grimacing:

How many kids do you need to make tax credits pay like that? :confused:

My taxable income is £600 ish I qualify for nothing based on non working girlfriend and one child? :confused: :frowning:

Marry her my man, Marry her! :grimacing:

im local to this firm and delivered to them a few times ,not realy my type of work but never heard any horror stories about them i think you can do an awfull lot worse than these people