R series headlight bulb

Can anyone tell me the size of the torx bits to fit the headlamp?

Mr B:
There’s no screw drivers in the jaz mag draw :wink:
I called into scania for a expert technician to sort it out. But where would I stand if vosapo had caught me with deffective lights? Would the fact I’d called in and was en route to workshop be enough to get me out of a public flogging.

If he vehicle is booked in to a workshop and you are in the process of travelling there ,then you are OK …As VOSA will check if they can be assed and you will be ok

Ah Norb, whilst you are here, i helped me mate swap a blown headlight bulb in his 64 plate (so facelift) CF a few weeks ago, bloody tight down there to fit normal sized mitts in i must say :cry:

Still not sure how we did it, the bulb seems to click into place not with a proper spring clip any more, have you go any tips or special techniques you use or is lots of cussing and spitting of feathers standard fitting procedure :sunglasses:

Sorry OP i can’t remember what size torx is required for the Scanny, however it will probably be a standard H4 bulb available from just about anywhere, just as the now more common H7’s are as fitted to other makes.

I can tell you exactly what size for MAN’s though T40, and advise you to remove the three torx screws regularly and grease the threads up, cos they blow bulbs so rarely that when you do come to change one, those screws will have rusted in place and you need to force a 14mm open ended spanner onto the semi fixed nut behind the bumper and use a socket drive on the T40 to undo 'em :blush: …ask me how i know this…there i’ve been really helpful with advice haven’t i :sunglasses: regarding Scania bulb changes :smiling_imp:

Do i need any tools to change o/s bulb and will I get a bulb from either volvo man or iveco dealership.

Need SCREWDRIVER :slight_smile:

Make sure you undo the CORRECT screws … otherwise you end up with the H/light pointing into the sky :blush:
Sorry can’t be more help … it’s 2 years since i did one. I know you have to undo indicator lens first - then swing that out.

Yeah, just a hammer to smash it up. Just thought I’d get the first of the inevitable anti Scania posts.

Yes you need a torx screwdriver. Should if in the tool kit in the locker over the passenger side if it’s still there. Unscrew the two screws that hold indicator in, that swings out then you’ll see two screws behind it and there’s two more at the other side of the head light, undo them all and the headlight swings out on a hinge. Easy peasy

Then you lean on the headlight and snap one or both hinges lol

They are a bit of a pain to replace if you don’t know what screws to undo, usually there is a special screwdriver in a little tool box that comes with the truck. It is supposed to pivot out if you undo the right screws but some of the heads on the screws need the Scania screwdriver to undo.

Silver_Surfer:
They are a bit of a pain to replace if you don’t know what screws to undo, usually there is a special screwdriver in a little tool box that comes with the truck. It is supposed to pivot out if you undo the right screws but some of the heads on the screws need the Scania screwdriver to undo.

As SS said.

The tool kit is usually above the passenger side visor, there’s a little flap there.

It’s a torq type screw, you have to release the indicator then there’s a cover If I remember correctly.

There’s no screw drivers in the jaz mag draw :wink:
I called into scania for a expert technician to sort it out. But where would I stand if vosapo had caught me with deffective lights? Would the fact I’d called in and was en route to workshop be enough to get me out of a public flogging.

I would imagine if you’ve found there’s no driver in the locker, and you have pre-rung ahead the workshop and they are expecting you (and you’re not 500 miles away and just booking in the one nearest base) then VOSA would be happy with that.

I’ve generally found they are sensible people as long as you can prove you are doing your best, then they won’t get too stupid with you!