R series curtains

Does anyone know where I can get some curtain runners to fit an R series, I’ve got some curtains from my old 4 series but the runners are different. Tried Scania and they say the don’t do them as they are stiched into the curtain on the R series, any Ideas?

Mick

Not sure if it will be of any help. but I saw the other day, in the CDC cabin at Colsterworth, bags of curtain hooks type things available to buy.

I’m almost sure they were bagged by vehicle marque.

Thanks for that, I’ll try to get in and have a look

I’ve just looked on their website but couln’t find them - or a search facility.

If it’s Colsterworth you go into, they’re just behind the geezer serving to the (your) left.

I only noticed them cos the MANs are a pain in the arse for running curtains off the rails, and I was tempted to get some stoppers to relace the blutack.

In yorks tomorrow so might have to make a slight detour on way home :smiley:

dambuster:
I only noticed them cos the MANs are a pain in the arse for running curtains off the rails, and I was tempted to get some stoppers to relace the blutack.

self tapping screws make good stoppers :wink:

Denis F:

dambuster:

self tapping screws make good stoppers :wink:

Ah - but I don’t have my “own” regular truck. I drive other people’s - usually just for the week, and some of the back-stabbing arses we have would complain I’d “damaged” their motor :unamused:

blue tack works as a stopper

Use a slight smear of vasalene {excuse the spelling} in the runners then the hooks from the 4 series - it works a treat!

As Dambuster said, go into Colsterworth, they got em there, around a couple of quid a bag, they also got the rings that join the curtain up with the runner.