R M McDowell - Are these rates real?

Any one work for McDowell?

I applied for a job and they sent application pack through.

They want :

65 hr working week!
Cat C at £7.06 ph
£4 meal allowance per day.

Typical
45 hrs at above

16.25hrs at £7.55 overtime

Is it me but are those rates crap for full time position ■■

They have an agency attached to them , which is bit I looked at and they pay £8.50 for 8 then £10.75 after ?

ltd between £10-10.30?

Why would anyone want permanent with them ?

Going to see the guy who sent pack through on Monday so might have bit more idea then but on paper looks pants!

60hrs is the max you can work in one week,and that rate if true is crap…Asda drivers doing the home deliveries in 7.5tonners get £8.12ph

Got it in black and white, not exactly the best selling point I must say!!

Hope pic comes through! But this is what pack says

Oh and that’s for tramping work btw

More I think about it, don’t think I’ll bother and just see what he says about the agency work!!

The reason people go permanent is the reason i went permanent because as soon as the work dries up agency are the first to get booted. And with my finances the way they are i need a stable steady income. If your new to the job then its a good learning experience. Variety of lorries and work. Work itself is a piece of ■■■■. Left to get on with the job and the lads are more than willing to help out. Its whats called as a stop gap. Use to get a foot on the ladder and move to better things.

Its my second stint with mcdowells after going elsewhere which paid a better hourly rate but gave lack of hours and nights out. Granted for a decent wage your working long hours but weve all got to start somewhere.

No one said you had to apply to work there but if your a new driver id say options are limited with no experience. They gave me a chance after i first passed and have been right with be 90% of the time.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

Ouch. Go agency you can take home that top line in half the hours and be home every evening.

While they’ve got people eager and willing to work for it, they’ll keep paying it. £455 take home for 4 nights out is shocking.

Contraflow:
While they’ve got people eager and willing to work for it, they’ll keep paying it. £455 take home for 4 nights out is shocking.

Should be £455 take home for a 37.5hr week, home everyday

ckm1981:
60hrs is the max you can work in one week,and that rate if true is crap…Asda drivers doing the home deliveries in 7.5tonners get £8.12ph

3.5 tonners for home delivery mate.

Adam27:

ckm1981:

3.5 tonners for home delivery mate.

Lets not fall out over 4 tonne :smiley:

Do McDowells have any drivers based at their Bristol depot, or just Keighly?

I think it’s about how much you need experience and a job.

If you ain’t got a job and have no experience then 3 or 4 months grizzing it out in a crap job might just be your ticket to better things.

ckm1981:
sda drivers doing the home deliveries in 7.5tonners get £8.12ph

Home shopping drivers are on less than £7…

Themoocher:
I think it’s about how much you need experience and a job.

If you ain’t got a job and have no experience then 3 or 4 months grizzing it out in a crap job might just be your ticket to better things.

Your right, usual be in a job to get a job scenario does help.

I just thought the role, for what they wanted, was very low paid.

I’ve also heard that they expect drivers to tip on breaks and don’t pay for POA but that was from a guy who said he’d worked there for a week then quit but no doubt there will be two sides to that story.

Just wasn’t the role for me at those rates, when I first applied they must have been showing the agency rates as I wouldn’t have bothered applying if I’d seen £7.

I was going to see them Monday about the job so I could have updated more as it would be from horses mouth as it were but new job beckons.

Still might see if can get across as they say can do odd days and weekends. Doubt my new employer will let drivers work elsewhere even at weekends but I am very curious as to what spiel Mcdowells will come out with!

Trevster:

ckm1981:
sda drivers doing the home deliveries in 7.5tonners get £8.12ph

Home shopping drivers are on less than £7…

My son does it and he says £7.33p.

That money is shocking ,to add insult the tackle they have got is shocking :unamused:

Doesn’t Johnny Truckfest work for them?

Radar19:

Yep,cab happy with blinkers on ,i bet they love him :unamused:

seth 70:

Radar19:

Yep,cab happy with blinkers on ,i bet they love him :unamused:

I’ve been at my place for less than a month and even that length of time has pushed me into going Class 1.