R-I-P

had a heartfelt moment last night as some family will not be having there feline friend home :frowning: parkway sheffield last night a moggie attempted to run across the parkway missing a car at first but then bolting infront of me with nothing i could do :frowning: had my window open just to hear an awful scream from the cat i knew the trailer wheels had given it an instant end and being a cat person my self i did feel a little bit sad about it all :frowning: .

but on a funny side of the life of a cat on my travels i see one on a daily basis a farm cat near the A1 every day he is either sat on top of the sos phone watchin the traffic or sat on some old bales a little further back just watchin the day go by :grimacing:

Saw something like that once coming back on the bus back to school from selby college with the schools business group on the apprenticeship. On the mini bus back sat at the back of the bus we were looking out of the window and we saw this rabbit run out into the road, a blue fh volvo was coming the other way.

You can tell what happened, I’m not a big animal lover but I felt sorry for the poor thing. Heard the splat though and I saw the rabbits head more or less explode :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Horrible when something like that happens but sometimes it can’t be helped.

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I took out a suicidal pheasant the other day , under one of the front wheels , not a clean kill unfourtunatly :cry: . Came out the other side injured and flapping about .
i couldnt stop and put it out of its misery unfourtunatly .
well i guess it was either me run it over or get shot by some toff :unamused:
RIP pheasant , hope it tasted good whoever picked it up …

Its not very nice when stuff like this happens, but like its been said it can’t be helped a lot of the time.

The Mrs started working for a commercial cleaning company last year, they drive transits to carry all the cleaning gear. She came home one day devastated because she ran a bird over that was in the road.

LR18-8:
Its not very nice when stuff like this happens, but like its been said it can’t be helped a lot of the time.

The Mrs started working for a commercial cleaning company last year, they drive transits to carry all the cleaning gear. She came home one day devastated because she ran a bird over that was in the road.

A bird playing chicken?? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Wonder if it forgot how to fly aswell :open_mouth:

Had a bird fly into my window once, was like something in a cartoon when something slams against a window. Frightened me half to death when all I heard was a loud bang :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

A shame really,

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

I had a dog run across the m8 at j12. absolut;y crapped it, luckily i never hit it and it escaped down the embankmen.

Really sunny day on the M5, a swan perhaps mistaking the shimmering tarmac for water decided to land.
Unfortunately it was in the path of an artic.
Made a bit of a mess to say least. :smiley:

Mikey D:
I took out a suicidal pheasant the other day , under one of the front wheels , not a clean kill unfourtunatly :cry: . Came out the other side injured and flapping about .
i couldnt stop and put it out of its misery unfourtunatly .
well i guess it was either me run it over or get shot by some toff :unamused:
RIP pheasant , hope it tasted good whoever picked it up …

Had a very nice tastey phesant a few weeks ago on the newtown to builth mountain road, someone in front had just just clipped & killed it - damage head, toooo nice to leave, meals on wheels :wink:

Too right Bonnie , waste not want not , :wink:

my mate had a rather embarasing moment when he backed off his missus drive an flatend her cat :blush:

One of our cats met its end on Sheffield Parkway many years ago, I had to go and get it and bury it in the garden.Are you sure its dead said my wife i replied yeah look half its heads missing, don’t know why but it didn’t go down to well.
What goes around comes aroound on my morning checks a couiple of years ago I found part of a foxes head on the trailer legs, messy!

knight:
One of our cats met its end on Sheffield Parkway many years ago, I had to go and get it and bury it in the garden.Are you sure its dead said my wife i replied yeah look half its heads missing, don’t know why but it didn’t go down to well.
What goes around comes aroound on my morning checks a couiple of years ago I found part of a foxes head on the trailer legs, messy!

Q: Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?
A: All my autopsies have been performed on dead people.

Q: …and what did he do then?
A: He came home, and next morning he was dead.
Q: So when he woke up the next morning he was dead?

Q: And was he dead when you performed the autopsy?
A: No, you idiot, he was sitting up on the table wondering why I was doing an autopsy!

I’ve helped a fair share of animals into the after life. It makes me feel better if I think they wanted to die. Had a grouse smash my windscreen once. It even had the cheek to ask for it’s ball back!

One lovely sunny day driving south thru’ the highlands with a nice queue of cars behind me a deer ran straight across the road in front of me followed closely by its young fawn. The mother made it OK but the fawn unfortunately decided to turn and run in the same direction as me, if it had followed its mum it would have been OK too but although I stood on the brakes (instinct, and I know they say you shouldn’t) I quickly overtook it, I heard the bang as it met with the front of the truck and saw it explode in a mess of blood and gore under the trailer wheels, I felt for the passengers in the cars behind me but I felt for the little fawn more.