R.I.P. Tyson H Burridge

A long established ■■■■■■■■ Haulier gone to the big Truckstop up above…

R.I.P.

myfamilyannouncements.co.uk/ … ge-tyson-h

RIP

Ah that’s a real shame. Never had anything to do with them tbh, but they were a permanent fixture on our roads, especially the wooden contraption that Wheel Nut has posted a picture of above. It’s a pity.

hopefully the company will carry on with the family if they are already involved in the day to day runnings.

All due condolences aside, that’s an interesting motor.

ezydriver:
All due condolences aside, that’s an interesting motor.

RIP TH Burridge…

re the truck, plywood maybe, looks rather d.i.y…

The truck is a Dennison, built by Dennison trailers in Ireland. They made 200 + trucks before concentrating on trailers, us ‘oldies’ remember them on the roads of the UK back in the eighties. :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:
The truck is a Dennison, built by Dennison trailers in Ireland. They made 200 + trucks before concentrating on trailers, us ‘oldies’ remember them on the roads of the UK back in the eighties. :laughing:

Pete.

You’re right about Burridge using Dennisons, but he did have a truck with a home made cab that resembled a Dennison, it was a re.cabbed Spanish Dodge, with a fitted ■■■■■■■■

windrush:

Pete.

Robroy is right. This one in the picture wasn’t one of the 200+ trucks built by Dennison, it just looks like one! Burridge did run Dennison units but the one pictured was a Barrieros Dodge built in Spain with a pusher-axle and a locally built cab that looks like a Sisu one. There’s a thread on Dennison in the Old Timers forum so here’s the link:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=146004&hilit=Dennison+tractive+units

Robert

Another very well known and respected haulier passes on.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

RIP Mr Burridge.

RIP. Built an institution in ■■■■■■■■ road haulage.

A true gent, I spoke to him regularly when I was tipping in his depot a few years ago. He was well past retiring age then, but still kept “hand on”. He gave me permission to wander round and take photos of his restored motors. RIP. MR BURRIDGE.