R.D.C...s Who is the WORST!

Some one here has to no!!! could be: Sainsbury s, Tesco s, who ever! we all have the memories… From Security (jobs worths) onwards to tipping then the REWARD getting your papers signed( :smiley: ) how much time is wasted waiting in theese places… I can remember all the RDC bull***t goin back to the 1990 s. Has anything changed??..( Still 27 here in sunny Tenerife lol :sunglasses:

when on for s jones i backloaded a container out of felixstowe to tip in tesco’s at didcot !!!, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :imp: :imp: .nuffsaid

lidl’s at nutts corner in n.ireland. :imp:

Its a few years now since i had the missfortune of visiting any RDC, but I’ve got some shocking memories of these places,
Kwik save Sherburn
" " Ashton- in -makerfield
" " Tipton
" " Newport
Tescos Winsford
" " Crick
" " Byfleet
" " Westbury
Sainsburys Charlton
" " Basingstoke

I think I’ll have nightmares tonight

Jerry

it has got to be morrisons at droitwich, what a hell hole that is

i dont normally believe in god but there must be one as i will never visit there again (apparently I’m not welcome)

Iceland - Enfield… SUrely the worst?

Bookers at Hatfield is the worst IMO, not a terrible place to tip, but there’s one Security Guard in particular who is a complete helmet, a bit of a soap dodger too & his breath could strip paint at 50yds, but I digress :laughing: I turned up there to deliver a 45’ box full of wine & pulled up to the gate & went to book in, he told me to put my hi-viz on before he could book me in, ok said I & went & put it on, he then leaned through the hatch & inspected my footwear, this too did not please him as I was wearing trainers. He then ordered me to put my safety boots on, I said that I would put them on when I got around to goods in, but wouldn’t drive in them as I have size 12 feet & my boots are like Ronald McDonalds & I don’t like to drive in them as I consider it dangerous. Well he didn’t like this one bit & told me to go & wait in my cab, which I did, 10 mins later some scrawny wretch in a suit comes up & tells me I’m being banned from site for breaching HSE rules! Now as I hadn’t even entered the site yet I was confused by this & asked him WTF he was talking about, he said that I had refused to put my boots on, I told him that I had no problem wearing my boots on site but that I wouldn’t wear them while driving for the reasons described earlier. That was the end of that little power trip & I was sent around to goods in & half an hour or so later I was tipped & on my way, on arriving at the gatehouse to book out I removed my trainers & socks, rolled my jeans up to my knees & went into sign out barefoot, that’ll teach em :laughing:

scottishcruiser:
Iceland - Enfield… SUrely the worst?

Actually had a night out on a bay there as my time ran out whilst they were tipping me !!
They even called the police when I refused to pull off the bay — a long story — but I ended up there overnight !!

Another really bad tip — Argos at Daventry !!!

i loaded out of BOUGHEYS for tesco magor with a load of tinned salmon/tuna/pilchards ect.arrived at tescos early which was just as well as there was a big queue (should have set the alarm bells ringing that). got to the gatehouse 15 mins early and was refused entry as they said they were busy and had no room!!!went back out after going around the whole one way system back out to the roundabout and joined the back of the queue,by the time i was back at the gatehouse i was 15 mins late so they refused me again!!!.so i said ok sign my paperwork to say i have been refused entry twice and i will leave.no go, so rang the goods in office (we sometimes did traction for tescos )and was told to tell the security guard to let me in,still no go so went back out and parked out on the magor services.rang the boss ,he rang back to say ok to go in.so back i go back in the queue,get to the gatehouse and guess what…refused again.then BOUGHEYS RANG ME AND ASKED WHEN WAS I GOING TO GET TO TESCOS AS I WAS LATE :smiling_imp: .ONLY THEN WAS I LET IN WITH A VERY RED FACED SECURITY GUARD 2 1/2 HOURS LATE.i later learned that he was sacked a while later.god i am glad i do not have to go there any more.do they still have a one product one pallet system going at tescos.it was fun going in there with some pallets having one box on it,some BOUGHEY loads had 60 pallets :angry: BOB

hi all, it’s great when you get one over them, loaded with 21 pallets from northumberland fine foods, delivery tesco didcot, after the usual 2hr wait, got unloaded,except for 1 pallet, checker would not accept it, no order number he said, i pointed out that it was for the attention of mr castleside tesco didcot RDC URGENT,but he was having none of it, no order number take it back, tolled him to sign refused also put time and date on which he did, off to southall to load paint at Ripplon paints,loaded then got phone call from traffic office, you have forgot to deliver a pallet at didcot, um!! no said pallet was refused,and signed as such, you will have to go back and deliver it, no i 'm finnished for the day,and as its friday i will be heading straight home tomorrow, and put phone down, arrived back at depot saturday , funny i never did that RDC again :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: pallet was for one of the director of tesco, who was not amused with his staff after it was explained to him that it had been refused by them, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: bumper

Another one I recall having trouble with was Sainsbury’s at Hoddesdon !!
Arrived with a load of Sherry from Spain joint the Q & put my papers in only to be told there was no record of my delivery expected !
Re-directed to Rye House (over the bridge) – parked there and again presented my paperwork… Here I was given a board with a number on to put in the windscreen – cannot recall exactly but I think it was 30… Remember thinking that’s not to bad untill I noticed a truck with 100 in the window and I realised that I was in for a long wait…
At that time there was a cafe/tea room in the middle of the yard – so it was coffee & a bite to eat !!
After a short while a Sainsbury worker found me and asked if I was the driver from Spain with the “booze” on – answering yes I was directed onto a bay !!
Foolishly I thought I’ve cracked it here – home for tea !!
Nothing happened with that shift – late shift came on and said "no sweat driver get your head down & we’ll knock you when we’ve finished " !!
Woke up following morning and still loaded – unable to tip me “as the cage is full” !!
Eventually the original day shift offloaded me which meant I was there throughout all 3 shifts !!

I don’t know whether it still applies but at one time you had a delivery window at Tescos,15 mins either side.Our drivers (Wincanton) were told not to go in early and definitely not get there late.One of our drivers had a 0100 delivery at Tosco Hinckley and got there at 0015,no queue,but waited outside the gate for his time to go in - 0045.The security guard told him to go in as they were waiting for the product so he did and was in,26 pallets off and out for 0130.He got a rollicking off our transport office for going in early,the excuse being “if you get there early they’ll expect it early all the time”.This happened once or twice,Southampton and Didcot were the other two,so after a big meeting :unamused: drivers were told not,in any circumstances,to go in early and wait away from the RDC out of sight :smiley:. Of course one night a warehouse supervisor saw one of our wagons up the road at Tesco Chepstow when he was in his car going into work and asked the driver what he was doing parked there and what product he’d got on and the driver told him.This was reported to Malton Bacon who gave Wincanton Maltby a b******** for not going in straightaway “as they had nowt to do in the warehouse” :laughing: .
None of our drivers liked going into Morrisons at Wakefield,it had a bad reputation at one time.

Yer just can’t win,just glad I was a shunter. :smiley:

I deliver to most of the afformentioned depots, but my least favorite RDC has to be Tesco Harlow. Not only are you not allowed to sit in your cab, but your also not able to use the canteen either!!!. Instead you have to wait in the waiting area for god knows how long ( 4 hrs isnt unusual ) until your eventually tipped. At least at other Tesco sites you can get a bit of breakfast while you wait.
This business about not being able to sit in the cab really makes my blood boil!!.After driving from Kent to Chepstow
( another poxy place ) its nice to have an hours kip, not sit in a small room on an uncomfortable bench for hours.
Tesco Fenny Lock is another bad one in my expirience, in fact, most of the Tesco sites are pretty poor arnt they?.
The only one i really like is Southampton, nice people, nice canteen and a resonably quik tip,its not too much to ask is it?.

And dont get me started on ANY Morrison depot!!!.

For me the very worst was the dredded Makro s i used to deliver whiskey to them always a pain in the arse never got tipped on time in all my years of going to those dumps always 2 or 3 hours waiting for a tip and then the checker with the barcoder gun !! sorry driver cant accept wont enter the system(there problem but now yours) ask to sign refused but they never would so then you have the boss on your back a no win situation as always for the poor old driver. I remember one good one had 2 drops with bookin s 1st Makro North acton 2nd Makro Rayleigh Essex. Booked in at Acton for 8am booked in at Rayleigh for 2pm same day guess what i was still waiting to get tipped at acton at midday…finally arrived at rayliegh at 2.30pm only to be refused as late i even showed them my signed and timed tipped delivery docs from acton but they said sorry drive your late bye bye. This is why we pay more for products cause even held up by the same company dont meen tosh. Glad im out of all that stress chasing my arse all over the country for nothing but lil Hitler s on the gates, give em a uniform a badge an a barrier pole and they think they re God :angry:

Mark R:
I deliver to most of the afformentioned depots, but my least favorite RDC has to be Tesco Harlow. Not only are you not allowed to sit in your cab, but your also not able to use the canteen either!!!. Instead you have to wait in the waiting area for god knows how long ( 4 hrs isnt unusual ) until your eventually tipped. At least at other Tesco sites you can get a bit of breakfast while you wait.
This business about not being able to sit in the cab really makes my blood boil!!.After driving from Kent to Chepstow
( another poxy place ) its nice to have an hours kip, not sit in a small room on an uncomfortable bench for hours.
Tesco Fenny Lock is another bad one in my expirience, in fact, most of the Tesco sites are pretty poor arnt they?.
The only one i really like is Southampton, nice people, nice canteen and a resonably quik tip,its not too much to ask is it?.

Tesco s Whats there MOTTO Every little helps… Well all i have to say is Tesco s Westbury!!!1990 s delivering there or trying to just to get through the gate was bad enough but then to sit round the corner from the bays waiting for the dodgy sign (lol) to show your number and bay number! one of our lads fell asleep waiting for hours and missed the number when he awoke only to find out he s been refused delivery cause he missed the board. I remember being there more than 5 hours and they refused to let me eat in the canteen eventualy my time ran out after getting tipped and reciving the paper work(not alone by then) we refused to leave the site i think 5 drivers plus me,threatend us with the police so we said ok call them were all out of time… called there bluff we all stayed that night and the depot manager let us in the canteen finaly. Not sure but has Westbury been shut down??

Done a couple of trip’s into Wilkinsons RDC nr Caldicote, Wales, and was totaly hassle-free!!! even the canteen grub was nice!! :smiley:

Its got to be Tesco Harlow, you have to sit in that bloody waiting room for 3 hours or more, listening to certain other drivers who have " been there done that " got every T shirt in every size, blah blah blah, Theres also a TV in the waiting room which the office staff have banned because the noise from it puts them off there work, nob heads. Makes you laugh because i thought all Tesco sites had the same policy of " MUST WAIT IN WAITING ROOM" yet you go to Snodland and its like " go sit in ya cab get ya head down drive we"l give you a shout when ya done "

This isn’t about RDC’s but sometimes you can get your own back.

A Saturday morning on an old WW2 bomber base near Membry, Berks. 1970-ish

I pull up behind a Scottish lad with a Scania and Tri axle trailer with a load of empty stilliges from
Dunlop’s, Glasgow. He’s been there all night, and first in the queue. At 8.00 the weighbridgr man comes in, a right job’s worth, opens the gates, and he pulls the truck on the weighbridge. He seemes to be a long time, so in I go to see whats happening. The WB guy wants the driver to pull off the weighbridge and re-sheet the load, because he hadn’t seen it sheeted ( we’re talking M/T pallets here) the drivers refuses, saying he took them off earlier whilst waiting, I backed him up saying I’d seen him un-sheet. No go. WB man refuses to weigh him until he resheets. We both have a go at him telling him to stop being a p**ck and get on with job. Still no go, the driver ask me to back up away from the bridge. I hadn’t noticed, neither had WB man that the tr-axle was a tipping trailer. I scribble my signature on his notes and he dumps a full load of steel stilages all over the yard. Sweet vengence.