Qweshtion

Later in the week I plan this in a coach:

Start 0830
Stop 1030 and pull card. Leave vehicle and take around 4 hours off to do as I wish.

Start 1430ish
Stop 1630ish

Start 1645 and drive empty for 6 hours.

I’ll obviously take both my 45 breaks when needed, however are these breaks going to rob me of 1.5hr duty time?

As I am taking 4 hours off and away from the vehicle can I then reclaim these 4 hours or is it ‘in any 24 hour period’ or some rubbish?

stagedriver:

Start 0830
Stop 1030 and pull card. Leave vehicle and take around 4 hours off to do as I wish.

Start 1430ish
Stop 1630ish

I’ll obviously take both my 45 breaks when needed, however are these breaks going to rob me of 1.5hr duty time?

As I am taking 4 hours off and away from the vehicle can I then reclaim these 4 hours or is it ‘in any 24 hour period’ or some rubbish?

looking at your post total driving for the day will be 10 hrs, on a 15 hrs duty you would need to parked up no later than 23.30.
if you are able take a 15 min break at 16.30 then you will only require a 30 min break after 2 1/2 hrs driving from 16.45.
as you have taken a continuous 4 hr break you can count your 9 hrs daily rest as a full rest period and not a reduced.
there is no reclaiming hours you might not of been working during shift period. hope this helps :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

And I thought you were going to ask how to spell ‘Question’ ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t get what you mean about counting my 4 hours rest and my 9 hours?

stagedriver:
I don’t get what you mean about counting my 4 hours rest and my 9 hours?

Google split daily rest EU rules :wink:

Basically, if you have an uninterupted break of no less than 3 hours through the day, then if you only have 9hrs later (or work over 13 obviously) it doesn’t take 1 of your reducers - remember, you’re only allowed to reduce 3 times per week

Oh I get you, it’s no biggie as It’ll be day 6 anyway so will be taking my 45 to reset my driving anyway.

stagedriver:
Oh I get you, it’s no biggie as It’ll be day 6 anyway so will be taking my 45 to reset my driving anyway.

it might be if you have already used your 3 reduced for that week. as that would mean you only have a 13 hr duty for that day so you would run out of time at 21.30 :confused:

stagedriver:

Start 0830

Start 1430ish
Stop 1630ish

Anshwer:
start 08.30, its a fair assumption its going to take 5 mins to book on and check vehicle.
stop 10.30, there’s 1 hour 55 mins drive.

Then leave tacho on break, at 13.45 put tacho on "other work " and go do some other work, like more vehicle checks :smiley: At 14.00 put tacho on break again and resume your recuperation.

Start drive at 14.30, then drive 2 hours and have a 15 min break at 16.30. Resume drive again at 16.45 hours. 3 hours, 55 min drive so far and all breaks completed.
drive for 4 hours 30 mins, then it should be 21.15. Take a 45 min break which should end at 22.00. Leaving you 1 hour 35 mins drive, which seeing as your duty time is going to be curtailed at 23.30 will realistically leave you a 1 hour 30 min drive. Hows that ?
Looks to me like your plan is almost perfect. No hours to be reclaimed, all within your 24 hour period, all within your driving hours and all that rubbish. All for 5mins eh? Give us a harder scenario.

Thankfully it’s being done in a coach and I can get it up to 64 according to the sat nav.

It’s a case of make it back to Scotland or face being parked up for 45…

stagedriver:
Thankfully it’s being done in a coach and I can get it up to 64 according to the sat nav.

It’s a case of make it back to Scotland or face being parked up for 45…

Is a six (or even 10) hour drive in a coach quicker than a six (or even 10) hour drive in a lorry ? As an ex traffic bobby i’m sure you’re going to give me a definitive answer ?

It’s my old man that’s the ex traffic bobby. He used to use my account back when I first joined.

Anyway, if a coach can manage 62 and a truck can manage 56 then surely a coach will, on average an extra 6 miles every hour?

stagedriver:
It’s my old man that’s the ex traffic bobby. He used to use my account back when I first joined.

Anyway, if a coach can manage 62 and a truck can manage 56 then surely a coach will, on average an extra 6 miles every hour?

I’ve never driven a coach, but i do know a 6 hour drive is six hours, no matter what your in. Well, in my limited knowledge anyway.