quoting posts

Is it something new or did I just not try to do this on the old forum?

I tried to quote a post and got a warning that I cannot use more than 3 quotes.

Not a problem, just wondered if it was an oversight.

Was that 3 different quotes in one post or 1 quote broken into 3 :question:

its when you quote a quote that has already been quoted three times, you have to cut some of it out, i guess it to keep the forums tidy so you dont have pages full of never ending quoting

garnerlives:
its when you quote a quote that has already been quoted three times, you have to cut some of it out, i guess it to keep the forums tidy so you dont have pages full of never ending quoting

All is now clear - thank you

ROG:

garnerlives:

Reading that back to myself it made bugger all sense, so well done if you understood what i was trying to say :exclamation:

garnerlives:

ROG:

garnerlives:

Reading that back to myself it made bugger all sense, so well done if you understood what i was trying to say :exclamation:

Thats three quotes so who wants to try and quote this post to see what happens ■■

ROG:

garnerlives:

ROG:

Thats three quotes so who wants to try and quote this post to see what happens ■■

all you get is

You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.

It is a setting that at the moment is applied on the default setting, I can extend that , but I would like to discorauge the pyramid type posting that has become prevelant and makes threads hard to read, I will up the “quote” to 10 but if it is abused will reconsider

I love this new boards new features :grimacing:

I’d say up to to five at most otherwise threads will become too clogged up and as you say a bugger to read. Infact put it to a vote, power to the people et al :wink:

Personally, I find it a pain in the 'arris when people multi quote, especially when I’m browsing on my mobile. It makes it awkward to follow the thread when I’m constantly scrolling just to read what’s been posted :unamused:

Some sites will only let you quote the latest person’s post only. The site does it for you automatically. It is a shame this site doesn’t do that, instead of seeing a growing amount of quotes.

I would concur with the “three to five” range.

Anything above that and it becomes too problematic to even consider wading through the chaff. Let alone attempting to respond to it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I sometimes take the time to sort the quotes into order as it makes for easier reading.

So this -

garnerlives:

ROG:

garnerlives:

Now becomes this -

garnerlives:

ROG:

garnerlives:

I wonder if there is a computer programme that could automatically do it :question: :question:

Hell. I didn’t expect this :blush:

It was just an observation, as I had never seen the message before.

3 quotes is fine, I am going back under my stone now. :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
Hell. I didn’t expect this :blush:

It was just an observation, as I had never seen the message before.

3 quotes is fine, I am going back under my stone now. :laughing:

I thought this is an interesting point and am glad you brought it up. :smiley:

Krankee:

Anything above that and it becomes too problematic to even consider wading through the chaff. Let alone attempting to respond to it.

Denis F:

Krankee:

What he said :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: I concur with those who agree. :grimacing: