Quote?

How do I insert a quote in a reply, I can only seem to quote the full post and not just the part I want :confused:

Paul

when you post if you look above you see the Quote box if you hi-light the bit you want quoting then click the box it will then put the required signs and make a quote!

other than that you can just delete the bits of a quote you dont want to post by using your back button!

Cheers TC,

I have been clicking the quote button and then trying to delete what I dont want out of the box :blush:

Paul

paulGY:
Cheers TC,

I have been clicking the quote button and then trying to delete what I dont want out of the box :blush:

Paul

isn’t that what you’re supposed to do :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

highlighting and clicking quote doesn’t work for me :exclamation:

just remember not to delete the quote tags at the start and the end

paulGY:
Cheers TC,

Paul

That’s the normal way to do it so you were doing the right thing. What you have to be careful of is not to delete anything in the square brackets or the brackets themself. If you are highlighting with the mouse prior to deletion it is easy to get the "] bit at the end of the first quote bit by mistake, when you do that it won’t work.

That’s the normal way to do it so you were doing the right thing

There is another way.Highlight the text you want and copy it
by right click and copy or CTRL key and C
then click post reply button. Then press quote button and
then paste the text in and then press quote again.

Yep that works as well Convoy but it doesn’t include the name of the person you are quoting and in a long thread that can be handy if the person you are quoting from posted their reply a long way up the thread.

But each way is as good as another really. :wink: :smiley:

Hi Coffeeholic,

I See what you mean about not including the name.
I did not no how to quote so I copied the text and
seen the quote button and assumed thats how to
do it.

Always learning :smiley:

There is yet another way of doing it :smiling_imp: .

Above the big white box, which you type your post into, there are three lines. The top one contains the buttons, the middle one starts “Font colour” and the third one shows you what clicking on the top row button will put into your post. It shows when you hover your mouse pointer over the button.

You can copy this in yourself, especially useful if you decide you want to put a quote (or whatever) into the middle of what has already typed.

So, to quote a post with the name type in (quote=“name”)paste quote in here, with no space between the bracket and the first letter of the quote(/quote). Replacing the ( and ) with [ and ]. You can do it without a name in the same way, just miss out =“name”. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :stuck_out_tongue: