Quote of the day

A Downing Street spokesman said: "No one wants a strike and no date has been set for one, however, the Government does have to prepare for the possibility that there will be a strike.
Our main concern is to minimise disruption to the public

minimise disruption by telling people to stock up WTF petrol sales were 45% up and derv 20% today by teatime today!!

the police were called to a forcourt rage incident near to my place yesterday, and the muppets were queing for about half a mile.
i even offered fuel at £1.25 per litre in a local car park. minimum 50 litres.
but no one wanted it. they just joined the que, and got stressed.

just think how much tax there going to get it will pay for bankers (zb) up !!!

My local Asda forecourt was chock a block with people buying fuel, which was a pain in the … because i reaaly DID need to fill up :unamused:

Non story here. Sorry.

The PM says everybody fill up and keep it topped up. Makes sense to me. It will reduce demand later if most people have full tanks. Think about the storage capacity that 40 million cars have in their tanks.

Have a go at them when they come out with rubbish, but this is just common sense.

I`ll fill up tmozza.

The PM says everybody fill up and keep it topped up. Makes sense to me.

makes sense to the treasury too, they get their tax in sooner!

surely good advice would have been , “don’t panic but fill up over the next week” or even
“avoid uneccesary journeys and save fuel”… oh! hold on we don’t get tax if you save your fuel

cynical? me?

cheekymonkey:
Non story here. Sorry.

The PM says everybody fill up and keep it topped up. Makes sense to me. It will reduce demand later if most people have full tanks. Think about the storage capacity that 40 million cars have in their tanks.

Have a go at them when they come out with rubbish, but this is just common sense.

I`ll fill up tmozza.

To be honest after reading what’s been reported in the press I was going to disagree with you but decided to check exactly was said first, you can hear his speech here

Good advise from Cameron, didn’t stop my local Tesco superstore running out of fuel yesterday though, nor did it stop the traffic queuing right up the road at Sainburys :laughing:

Best quote I heard was how can you not like a woman who’s ■■■■ are the size of your head.

del949:

The PM says everybody fill up and keep it topped up. Makes sense to me.

makes sense to the treasury too, they get their tax in sooner!

surely good advice would have been , “don’t panic but fill up over the next week” or even
“avoid uneccesary journeys and save fuel”… oh! hold on we don’t get tax if you save your fuel

cynical? me?

I’ve got gallons of the stuff sitting in the Jag’s tanks while it’s been parked up over the winter all paid for last autumn.That will last me for around 6 weeks in the shopping car. :open_mouth: :laughing: