Quote for hiab training

I aint working at the moment so thought I will get my hiab with an ILA Wales £200 grant. I got a list of numbers from them of training providers that accept the ILA voucher. I rung the first one up quote of £196+ vat, second £350inc vat, then third quote £1200 + cost of hiring the vehicle :open_mouth: I didnt bother asking how much the cost of hiring was. Im suprised they are still in business who in their right mind would pay that price .

It’s probably a 5 day course with CITB or similar accreditation, most places will be a half day or so.

The long course would probably teach you rather than test you and cover slinging and signalling etc.

That said :astonished:

im sure they said 3 days but no way would I pay over a grand for any hiab course. Ill book with the first company just have to pay a few quid out of my own pocket to cover the bit over £200 might as well get it while Im out of a job and if someone else is gonna pay for it :smiley:

I did exactly the same ILA thing to get my HIAB a couple of years back, is the £196 option in Barry? That’s where I did it. The Job Centre even paid for the VAT when I showed them the confirmation letter.

barry was £350 Im doing it with workforce training in cardiff

I’d do the same, it’s not exactly rocket science. Most of your learning is done on the job so to speak.

Some of these training organisations take the ■■■■, if you look at CITB courses there is one for a forward tipping dumper, they quote a 5 day course.

They are the easiest things on a site to operate, they really are a no brainer.