quiz 3

OK here 3

1 Which comes first a daily rest at the end of you shift or a weekly under EU reg

2 when can you wipe the slate clean to get a fresh 4.5 hour drive

3 you have other work for 10 mins, driven for 4 hours and had 1 hour other work and on POA for 3 hours and 15 mins other work and then go home. how much break is required

4 working a week(as classed under EU regs) in the warehouse and then driving under EU regs for one hour during the week what would you have to do for record keeping.

5 a driver on doubled manned working in a fixed week starting Mon 5 am,and doing 4 full 21 hour shifts using is maximum drive time under EU regs as 48 off and does the same 4 shifts would there be a problem on driver hours

1 Which comes first a daily rest at the end of you shift or a weekly under EU reg
Daily
after taking 45 mins of break
3 you have other work for 10 mins, driven for 4 hours and had 1 hour other work and on POA for 3 hours and 15 mins other work and then go home. how much break is required
none
4 working a week(as classed under EU regs) in the warehouse and then driving under EU regs for one hour during the week what would you have to do for record keeping.
make name,date start & finish time entries onto seperate tacho card for each day within that week
5 a driver on doubled manned working in a fixed week starting Mon 5 am,and doing 4 full 21 hour shifts using is maximum drive time under EU regs has 48 off and does the same 4 shifts would there be a problem on driver hours
This one got me thinking - good question
no - the max possible would be 76

i wonder if there be any comments on the 1st question after see Rog answer :wink:

ROG:
Daily

Better ROG, I would say 3.5/5. The answer to question 4 needs looking at and the answer to question 1 is wrong. :wink:

1 Which comes first a daily rest at the end of you shift or a weekly under EU reg Daily Rest

2 when can you wipe the slate clean to get a fresh 4.5 hour drive, after a break of at least 45m

3 you have other work for 10 mins, driven for 4 hours and had 1 hour other work and on POA for 3 hours and 15 mins other work and then go home. how much break is required None

4 working a week(as classed under EU regs) in the warehouse and then driving under EU regs for one hour during the week what would you have to do for record keeping.Keep a record, either on tacho charts or by manual entry on digi

5 a driver on doubled manned working in a fixed week starting Mon 5 am,and doing 4 full 21 hour shifts using is maximum drive time under EU regs as 48 off and does the same 4 shifts would there be a problem on driver hours Not with drivers hours

ROG:
Daily

Depends which shift you’re talking about :wink:

If you’re referring to the last shift of the working week then I’m not sure I would agree with that, the daily rest period is part of the weekly rest period but not separate from it so I don’t see that you can say that one comes before the other for the EU regulations.
True that the daily rest may be extended to make a weekly rest but that’s only to show that they don’t need to be separate rest periods, they start and run concurrently until the daily rest requirement has been fulfilled.

Nowhere in the regulations does it say that a weekly rest is a daily rest that’s been extended, in fact we know that’s not the case.

Lets say you finish work 9 hours before the end of the sixth 24 hour period has finished, you have an 8 hour and 59 minute rest and re-start work.

Have you failed to have the required daily rest or have you failed to have the required weekly rest ?

I’d say both :wink:

tachograph:
True that the daily rest may be extended to make a weekly rest but that’s only to show that they don’t need to be separate rest periods, they start and run concurrently until the daily rest requirement has been fulfilled.

That’s a good point, thinking about it I agree with that, Could this be the new chicken and the egg question? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

tachograph:
Lets say you finish work 9 hours before the end of the sixth 24 hour period has finished, you have an 8 hour and 59 minute rest and re-start work.

Have you failed to have the required daily rest or have you failed to have the required weekly rest ?

I’d say both :wink:

So would I.

SECOND ATTEMPT

Daily or weekly depending if last shift of the week
none
make name,date start & finish time entries onto seperate tacho card for each day within that week
5 a driver on doubled manned working in a fixed week starting Mon 5 am,and doing 4 full 21 hour shifts using is maximum drive time under EU regs has 48 off and does the same 4 shifts would there be a problem on driver hours

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

That’s a good point, thinking about it I agree with that, Could this be the new chicken and the egg question? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Only if the chicken is a driver otherwise it belongs in Bully’s :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

delboytwo:

have i worded this wrong or is one of those question that as two answers

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Only if the chicken is a driver otherwise it belongs in Bully’s :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ROG:
SECOND ATTEMPT

Replace or with and in the answer to question 1 and add a little bit to the answer to question 4 and I would say you have 5/5.

delboytwo:

delboytwo:

have i worded this wrong or is one of those question that as two answers

You didn’t word it wrongly. Tachograph just corrected us and pointed out the answer is both. They both start at exactly the same time.

THIRD ATTEMPT

Daily AND weekly depending if last shift of the week
none
make name,date start & finish time entries onto seperate tacho card or manual inputs on a digi for each day WORKED within that week

ROG:
THIRD ATTEMPT

Q4 Each day that week or just each working day that week? You don’t need charts for rest days.

That’s just me being pedantic because it’s what I do. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:
THIRD ATTEMPT

Q4 Each day that week or just each working day that week? You don’t need charts for rest days.

That’s just me being pedantic because it’s what I do. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Well either I was exact or not - not I think - nothing to do with being pedantic IMO :smiley:

just like to add that Q2 as something missing thought someone would of noticed it :wink: