Quite a busy two days ..... for me anyway LOL

Started Midnight sunday, left hom delivered Ben & Jerry’s St Albans VT, down to NYC (3 hours sleep en-route) get a tanker loaded for some bloke who was running late. 12 hours off, load and deliver Winchester VA, a nice pleasant drive along I-78 and down I-81. Empty to Newark DE, drop dirty tanker and hook up to freshly washed one, drop and hook Bridgeton NJ with another B&J load, run north for an hour to services north of Bordentown NJ and take 10.5 hours in the sleeper. Head north for grueling drive back to St Albans VT, 450 miles, arrived an hour early and then home by 6.00pm, … 1600 miles ! thats normaly all I do in a week FFS.

Ok you lost me somewhere here 2 days 1600 miles ? At 70 mph that would be over your 11hrs driving wouldnt it ? I am just a bit confused maybe I am doing something wrong in my calculations. Wouldnt be the first time I messed up in math. :blush:

Brentanna:
Ok you lost me somewhere here 2 days 1600 miles ? At 70 mph that would be over your 11hrs driving wouldnt it ? I am just a bit confused maybe I am doing something wrong in my calculations. Wouldnt be the first time I messed up in math. :blush:

YUP, your doing something wrong, if you read it again you might spot it!

Nope :laughing: :laughing: I am still lost, he had 3 hrs sleep, then 12hrs off, then 10.5 hrs in the sleeper, 2 days =48hrs

48-25.5= 22.5hrs 1600/22.5= 71.1 mph
Now since the state speed limit in New York is only 55 and the interstate speed is 70 mph, I would be very interested in how it was done. :confused:

Brentanna:

Confused and messed up and doing something wrong,sums up women !!!

Brentanna:

You have messed up somewhere :smiley:
it was 3 shifts of work spread over 2.5 days actually, midnight sunday till weds afternoon, so I was half a day out.
The speed of my truck is limited to 66mph but it will roll down hills at 70 mph LOL. Who actually gives a toss about the NY limits of 55 mph ? even NY troopers will tell you that 9 mph over the limit is acceptable, there is no way I can do anything ilegal … I use ‘ELOGS’ anyway I had 16 hours off at home, started 10.00am thursday again, had my DOT physical at Albany NY then ran down to Newark DE again and collected another Ben & Jerry load for next week.
11 hours at say an average of 60 (nearly all interstate) is 660 miles a day.

Main point of this is that it looks like an on going change to my working week. I did a total of 2300 miles this week which is a lot more than I am used to, instead of collecting the B&J loads from my own Yonkers terminal it is comming out of Bridgeport NJ which is 430 miles from delivery point as my normal 320, each round trip takes 2 days. This monday I have to deliver at 01.00am, run down to Yonkers, take 10 off and deliver to Lima PA which sugests I will again then collect another load from the same place.

I did say I was missing something :smiley:

Brentanna:

Here’s some more math for you Courtney, i drive a whopping 830 miles a week so it would take me 2 weeks to do Pat’s 1600 mile run. :open_mouth: By then the cream would have go off or the icecream would have melted :cry:
Actualy, who am i kidding, i could eat a tanker full of phish food in 2 weeks :laughing:

Charles

Brentanna:

Don;t get my hopes up. :laughing:

flat to the mat:

Brentanna:

Don;t get my hopes up. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually this is getting to be quite a good run :smiley:
I left home late on sun to deliver B&J this week (with a load I collected from the same place) down to NYC, 10 off, down to south Phily then back to teh same for another B&J load, I took a couple of hours at Carneys Pt for food and a shower, hooked up and ran to Vince Lombardy hell hole for 10 off. I got up at noon ate and ran to deliver at 21.00 and home via the Crown Pt ferry by midnight. so by midnight tues had done some good work and 1100 mies.