Quiet roads.

Anyone else noticed how quiet the roads are at the moment?
M1 last Bank Hol Monday…VERY quiet. M62 today…very quiet.

Where is everybody? I reckon about 50% down on usual.
Talking about general road users not just freight. :smiley:

Think there all on holibobs here… :confused:

I’ve just gone from Warrington (left at 15:25) to Goole to Blackpool and back to Warrington. Didn’t get any traffic, even the M62 was free flowing through the dreaded managed motorway roadworks (still yet to see any men working). I did actually wonder why the roads were quiet.

Because no bugger can afford to put fuel in their motors same as nobody can afford to go for a few beers,nobody can take their kids for a day out or go for a meal in a pub.

And thats exactly how the powers that be want it.

Stay home,watch tv and get fed the crap they want you to believe.
Buy a few cans of cheap booze from tesco,watch the idiot lamp in the corner
and pay your bloody taxes.

Thats what they have got us all down to,sheep who work,consume then die.
They have moulded us into bloody robots.

Correct bking! :laughing: let’s all join the edl, NF, BNP and go rioting! :sunglasses: sorry some pastimes aren’t funny to posh people! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

They are all sat at home watching repeats of the Keremy Kyle show then Jk USA.Then down to Weatherspoons to get drunk then back to their free flat or house we paid for.

Fatboy slimslow:
Correct bking! :laughing: let’s all join the edl, NF, BNP and go rioting! :sunglasses: sorry some pastimes aren’t funny to posh people! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

or the soap dodgers that are the UAF :wink:

Tarrman:
I’ve just gone from Warrington (left at 15:25) to Goole to Blackpool and back to Warrington. Didn’t get any traffic, even the M62 was free flowing through the dreaded managed motorway roadworks (still yet to see any men working). I did actually wonder why the roads were quiet.

Yeh, quiet when I went through there as well. Going over there again on Thurs and Fri so will see if its just a blip! Was all quiet round Manchester area M60/62 at 8-45!!!

Cheer up Bking! Our kids have just had a week off and we did all sorts of stuff. Picnics by the river. We did the Waterfalls Walk at Ingleton. Went to some good parks. Had a bike ride…Best things in life are free!!! :smiley:

You wanna try driving on a Sunday!

It is bonkers the amount of traffic about.

DaiDap:
You wanna try driving on a Sunday!

It is bonkers the amount of traffic about.

Oooh no i don’t, as you say, it’s bloody awful. I agree with Bking and Toby wholeheartedly, maybe that’s what people do now, just go shopping on Sunday. No pub, no nightclubs, no nothing except the need to feel good because they’ve bought something.

Bloody hell I’m depressing myself! :open_mouth:

Bking:
Because no bugger can afford to put fuel in their motors same as nobody can afford to go for a few beers,nobody can take their kids for a day out or go for a meal in a pub.

And thats exactly how the powers that be want it.

Stay home,watch tv and get fed the crap they want you to believe.
Buy a few cans of cheap booze from tesco,watch the idiot lamp in the corner
and pay your bloody taxes.

Thats what they have got us all down to,sheep who work,consume then die.
They have moulded us into bloody robots.

Not everyone is in your position.

Well it was ■■■■■■■ busy m62 Eastbound at Junction 9 this morning about 8.30am, I lost about 20 sodding minutes and it’s not normally so bad.

I must admit though, the rest of the M62 was fairly decent to the M1 and that was ok too.

Cost me £70 odd now to fill my tank & it does 24mpg, just taxed it at £300 for the year. One of those Vauxhall Ampera’s (actually look alright too) is starting to make sense just so I can put my fingers up to the govt, solar on the roof & you’re good to go, least you won’t feel like youve been bummed everytime you go to the pump.

Silver_Surfer:
Cost me £70 odd now to fill my tank & it does 24mpg, just taxed it at £300 for the year.

Kerrist almighty, you got a dozen kids or summat? :laughing:

You’d be better off buying a cheap small hatchback to commute with, surely. Or at least swap it out for something with <1500cc engine, tax is only £120 and you’d surely do more to the gallon.

Silver_Surfer:
Cost me £70 odd now to fill my tank & it does 24mpg, just taxed it at £300 for the year. One of those Vauxhall Ampera’s (actually look alright too) is starting to make sense just so I can put my fingers up to the govt, solar on the roof & you’re good to go, least you won’t feel like youve been bummed everytime you go to the pump.

bloody hell have you tried taking the pallet of paving slabs out the boot!

ive got a 1.7 focus estate and i get about 48mpg cost me 65 quid to fill and cost 120 to tax and i thought i had it bad :laughing:

:slight_smile:

It’s a 3.2 v6 vectra gsi bought new in the good times, ten year old now & it’s only worth about 2 grand so don’t really want to get rid of it as I like it. 90k on the clock, still shifts as well, don’t do many miles in it nowadays.