Quicky from me as well avon lodge yay or nay

Will be going down Sunday aft to deliver first thing in Bristol Monday.
Never stopped at Avon Lodge 18a sth M5 at Avonmouth.
Is there plenty of artic parking, are the toilets and showers 24/7, if it’s full does anyone have any other suggestions nearby?

As far as I’m aware avonmouth shuts at 12 sat and doesn’t reopen until 6am Monday. At least that’s how it used to be when I took the truck home for weekends.

You would be better getting a shower on the way down and then park up by the merc garage at cribbs causeway and you will have the choice of loads of different food and you can even watch a film at the cinema. If you want directions let me know

Can you still park at the Walmart there on Cribbs? That always was a decent place to stop…

Yes Bob, but better to park by Howdens in Shirehampton & walk into Avonmouth Village

Thought there was still ■■■■■ trouble there…

Mind you, I left 5 years ago… 5 years today, as it happens…

if you get fed and showered on the way, then go right at the roundabout when you come off the m5 and anywhere on the ind est is fair game, I usually park by ats and never had any bother. beats paying truckstop parking prices!

bobthedog:
Can you still park at the Walmart there on Cribbs? That always was a decent place to stop…

There are signs up saying no overnight parking. But I don’t think anyone pays attention to them.

daleyboy:

bobthedog:

There are signs up saying no overnight parking. But I don’t think anyone pays attention to them.

I’ve parked in the Asda at Cribbs before but I might look at the merc garage thanks, where is it mate?.

I’ll just make sure I don’t park on the helipad if I go to ASDA… Google Maps

If you want a shower then goto severn view servs on the old severn crossing best one in the area and its free :wink:

Come off at cribbs and follow the road towards the mall. Straight through the first set of lights then follow down to the roundabout. Go all the way around and take your last exit onto Lysander road as soon as you get on this road you want to get over into left lane asap. And take your first left which is only about 100 metres from the roundabout.

It’s actually the Honda garage your looking for not the merc garage as that’s a bit further up :blush:

Here’s the postcode bs10 7ug. Plenty of space to park and you can turn at the end of the road.

Foodwise you’ve got mcdonalds across the road and if you walk up by the cinema you have kfc,burger king, preview Chinese and carvery, frankie and bennies, tgi Friday, bella italia and chiquitos.

You’ve also got bowling and cinema and if your a member then there is a fitness first as well.

daleyboy:
Come off at cribbs and follow the road towards the mall. Straight through the first set of lights then follow down to the roundabout. Go all the way around and take your last exit onto Lysander road as soon as you get on this road you want to get over into left lane asap. And take your first left which is only about 100 metres from the roundabout.

It’s actually the Honda garage your looking for not the merc garage as that’s a bit further up :blush:

Here’s the postcode bs10 7ug. Plenty of space to park and you can turn at the end of the road.

Foodwise you’ve got mcdonalds across the road and if you walk up by the cinema you have kfc,burger king, preview Chinese and carvery, frankie and bennies, tgi Friday, bella italia and chiquitos.

You’ve also got bowling and cinema and if your a member then there is a fitness first as well.

Just had a look on Google maps, got it, thanks mate, I think I’ll go there.

Thetaff:
If you want a shower then goto severn view servs on the old severn crossing best one in the area and its free :wink:

Thanks thetaff, but it’s a bit off my route and if I was going to go to a MSA I would just pull into Gordano.

Thetaff:

Magor is ok and free too :wink:

Denis F:

Thetaff:

Magor is ok and free too :wink:

Behave Dennis last time i attempted a shower in that ■■■■■■■■ there were holes in the door and no shower head, they wern’t impressed when i complained :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: