Quick update!

Hello everyone, thought I’d post an update on my progress so far. I recently passed the multiple choice , hazard perception and CPC module 2. Since then ive spent the last couple of weeks looking round and reading on here about which training company to go with.

After various phone calls and a couple off assessment drives I decided to go with chevron based in flynt, I live in Liverpool and although they are not the closest, they where my first choice, so much more to offer and the seal on the deal was the fact they have there own test centre!

I had an assessment drive with a guy called Phil who was great, put me at ease straight away, had me laughing from the off which made for a relaxing drive!

I’ve got my cpc module 4 on 22nd December which is great, the only downside is I have to wait until 19th January until I can start my cat c training :frowning: as they are really busy.

No doubt I’ll be posting in the not to distant future to keep everyone updated!

Excellent choice of trainer.
All the best with it all

Paul :smiley:

Paul J:
I’ve got my cpc module 4 on 22nd December which is great, the only downside is I have to wait until 19th January until I can start my cat c training

I would be interested on what the DQC (driver cpc card) expiry date is when you get it - it will either be 23/12/2019 assuming you pass on 22/12/2014 or a later date when you pass mod 3 (LGV practical test)

Paul J:
Hello everyone, thought I’d post an update on my progress so far. I recently passed the multiple choice , hazard perception and CPC module 2. Since then ive spent the last couple of weeks looking round and reading on here about which training company to go with.

After various phone calls and a couple off assessment drives I decided to go with chevron based in flynt, I live in Liverpool and although they are not the closest, they where my first choice, so much more to offer and the seal on the deal was the fact they have there own test centre!

I had an assessment drive with a guy called Phil who was great, put me at ease straight away, had me laughing from the off which made for a relaxing drive!

I’ve got my cpc module 4 on 22nd December which is great, the only downside is I have to wait until 19th January until I can start my cat c training :frowning: as they are really busy.

All top blokes at Chevron, passed my Class 1 with them in September. Can’t remember the guys name who trained me (crap with names) but he always wore a peak cap.

Having the reversing and Unhook/hook bits be done on site as well is a brucey bonus

sinclair89:

Paul J:

All top blokes at Chevron, passed my Class 1 with them in September. Can’t remember the guys name who trained me (crap with names) but he always wore a peak cap.

Having the reversing and Unhook/hook bits be done on site as well is a brucey bonus

Was the trainer with the cap called Phil by any chance? If so, he was my instructor for my class C - top bloke.

You won’t go wrong with Chevron, I have my C+E training booked with them.

So after a long wait I finally started my practical training on Monday, feeling good with the progress I have made after only 2 days, I even had a go at the reverse exercise today which wasn’t as difficult as I expected it to be!

I’ve got between now and Friday to hopefully get where I need to be in order to pass, so far I feel quite confident, but I just know that come Friday morning I will be a bag of nerves! I was the same for my car test.

Does anybody have any advice on how to conquer test day nerves?

Paul J:
So after a long wait I finally started my practical training on Monday, feeling good with the progress I have made after only 2 days, I even had a go at the reverse exercise today which wasn’t as difficult as I expected it to be!

I’ve got between now and Friday to hopefully get where I need to be in order to pass, so far I feel quite confident, but I just know that come Friday morning I will be a bag of nerves! I was the same for my car test.

Does anybody have any advice on how to conquer test day nerves?

I know exactly how your feeling about nerves and car test… that’s what spoilt it for me with my car test… didn’t pass first time like I hoped for… only hoping my lgv and hgv tests are better.

I know it sounds bonkers but I passed my driving and motorbike test first time by having an attitude along the lines of “couldn’t give a monkeys if I pass or fail” Seems to work for me :smiley:
Good luck for test anyways :smiley:

I get nervous on any test, I found that deep breath and go slowly helped on reverse, on the road I talked out loud what I was doing, this helped me concentrate and calmed me down too! I’m sure you will find a way to do it.

If your doing your training with Phil, you are in good hands. Listen to everything he says , he’s a gold mine for information. You won’t go wrong with him. I passed my c+e with chevron.

Regarding test day nerves, it’s natural to feel nervous it’s just how you control it. But you have the bonus of doing the reverse on the test where you practice it.

You’ll smash it lad, good luck!!!

I’m actually being trained by Glyn, he’s been Bob on so far with all the knowledge he’s passed onto me.

Yeah doing the reverse on site is a massive bonus, I’m not at all worried about that as ive not had any problems with it…cheers mate im hoping that’s the case!

Glyn is a good instructor. He’s one of the DSA accredited instructors there, I did my assessment with Glyn.

Good luck, you’re probably, in my opinion, with the best HGV training school in the country.

The nerves are starting to set in now, I’ve got my test at 10:30 tomorrow! Hopefully everything I’ve learnt over the past week I’m able to put together for that one hour im under examination!

Overall I’m feeling confident but slightly nervous, but then I suppose that’s only normal!

You’ll be OK mate. If your examiner is called Justin, you’ll be alright. He’s a proper sound guy, puts you at ease and has a banter with you during the test.

Good luck pal, let us know how you get on.

Endgame:
You’ll be OK mate. If your examiner is called Justin, you’ll be alright. He’s a proper sound guy, puts you at ease and has a banter with you during the test.

Good luck pal, let us know how you get on.

Cheers mate.

I’ll be sure to post regardless of the outcome

All the best mate… good luck!! I’m starting my lessons at the beginning of Feb so know like I think many of us do, how your feeling.

Good luck :smiley:

Hi everyone, just got back home now from my test this morning. I’m gutted to say that I failed, I got a serious for clipping the kerb, so frustraing when this is something I haven’t done once in all my time learning!

The examiner told me to take more possittives away from the experience than any negatives as I only incured 2 minor faults.

Hard to do that at the minute though with my fail being on something so basic!

Hopefully next time I’ll nail it, just got to wait for me resit on 11th March now.

Sorry to hear that mate, but do as the examiner said, and try to take some positives away with you from the fail. I failed my class 2 twice before I went to Chevron, and I was gutted, both times, felt like throwing the towel in, but I persevered with it. You’ll crack it next time.

Also, Chevron were really good with me when I failed my class 1, I failed it because I sat at a roundabout for far too long and ended up creating a queue behind me, so, they day before my resit, I had a couple of hours out with John himself, and all we did was roundabouts around Mold and Flint, the next day during my test, I had no issues with any of the roundabouts I got landed with. Chevron/Glyn - whoever will know what creases to iron out, you’ll get it next time pal.

Out of curiosity, did you catch the name of your examiner?

Yeah I’ll try to mate…pretty hard though, regardless of only having 2 minors I still got a serious which resulted in the fail, so if I had 2 or 12 it wouldn’t have made a difference.

The good thing is there is no way I’m going to let this put me off or dent my confidence, straight back at it :slight_smile:

Erm…Dave his name was, he wasn’t so bad to be fair, give good clear directions, so I can’t have any complaints with him!

I’ve been told not to worry about any extra lessons before hand as my instructor says he didn’t think I would need it…only the hour before my retest, unless I preferred otherwise