Quick Trailer Suspension Question

If I lift or lower the trailer suspension what position do I have to put the handle in order for the ride height to auto adjust? It’s one direction to lift and the other to lower, so I guess the obvious position is in the middle neutral position but do I push the handle in or pull it out?

MickyB666:
If I lift or lower the trailer suspension what position do I have to put the handle in order for the ride height to auto adjust? It’s one direction to lift and the other to lower, so I guess the obvious position is in the middle neutral position but do I push the handle in or pull it out?

Just pull out might not get pregnant then :sunglasses:

Push in twist to the right to raise.
Push in twist to the left to lower.
Pull handle out it should be in the neutral position and should self adjust to ride height.
Some trailers will automatically self adjust when moving DONT RELY on that

The older style ones with the metal handle are usually quite stiff and require a firm jab in with the ball of your hand before you’ll be able to swing the lever left or right. Personally I always give it a quick jab and twist either way to make sure it’s functioning before pulling it back out to self-level. It’s a good habit to get into, especially if pull a lot of double deckers. I saw one of UKMail’s deckers going down the M1 the other night with the trailer suspension fully raised so I guess theirs don’t reset once moving. Also note that some trailers don’t have a suspension height adjuster at all in case you can’t find the lever. Some of the older ones have a button you push in which dumps the air but you don’t see them about much now.

Thanks for those sensible answers :smiley: :wink:

MickyB666:
Thanks for those sensible answers :smiley: :wink:

A good sensible question mate, we have been educated! :smiley: