Quick tacho question

Hi guys just a quick one tomorrow I’m doing a job delivering to two hubs. When I’m getting unloaded to I stick it on POA or break

If you get paid for breaks and you’re not working put the tachograph on break.

If you’re likely to lose money by using break use either other work or POA, legally you should have an idea how long you’ll be waiting to use POA but no-ones going to know or likely to care if you don’t so…

Be aware that if you use POA a digital tachograph will wrongly count the time as break and reset the driving time on the tachograph display after 45 minutes of POA or a mixture of POA and break, that’s why it’s best to use break if you can.

Hi Tachograph, this scares me as a newbee…
are there other moments that I shouldn’t use the position it should be, because the digital tacho will change it or register it wrongly?

Hi thanks for the info. I don’t know how long I will be waiting as its somewhere Iv never been to before and it’s on agency

Nearly all tacho units are set to change to “other work” whenever the vehicle has stopped moving. Some wagons though like some of our Scanias default to “break” instead. If you are being unloaded and you are walking around with the forkie, pulling straps then that counts as other work. If you are sat on a bay, in your cab with your thumb up your ■■■ then that counts as break.

fritsprive:
Hi Tachograph, this scares me as a newbee…
are there other moments that I shouldn’t use the position it should be, because the digital tacho will change it or register it wrongly?

Not that I can think of, POA has always been a pita on digital tachographs.

Unless I’m on an actual break I always use Other Work as I usually tidy the truck, paperwork etc. I take umbrage with the POA term as I’m not available if stuck on a bay and I never know how long, could be five mins or five hours! :slight_smile:

The simple answer is if you are getting tipped on a bay and you are doing what YOU want then you may treat it as a break.

If you are sitting on a bay waiting to be told you can go then stick it on POA

If you are being tipped and you have to assist (Let’s say it’s a curtainsider and you need to assist the fork lift driver) then it’s other work.

Or just do what every other driver does and put it on break…

If you’re interacting with the load it’s other work, if you’re sat in the cab watching ■■■■/sleeping/reading the paper etc you can put it on break.

However if you get deducted your breaks…up to you :wink: