quick route question

morning all.

well tomorrow is my birthday and the mrs has treated me to a mini cruise on the pride of bilbao sailing tonight.

now im 23 years on the road.

ipswich to portsmouth which way would you go ?

im biased towards cambridge-milton keynes-then the a34 or a12-m25-m3 or a3 what do you think ?.

I suppose it may depend on what time of day you are leaving if going via
the M25 (rush hour im thinking) ,i would personally go A12,M25 and
definately the A3 as thats a really nice drive once past Guildford and just
as quick if not quicker than going down the M3 and M27. :laughing:

I have to say that I think I would probably go a12/m25 south side/a3.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN

have a good time mate, i’ll keep an eye on things while your away.

I agree with a12-m25-a3 but I’m sure you know the crucial bit is get a traffic report before setting out! Allow 3hours+ and enjoy the trip! Publish what details you can when you get back… :wink:

i agree with the two above posts, it will be easier for you

ALL roads lead to Rome,

HAPPY --BIRTHDAY

have a great time and enjoy your self :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley:

cheers all.

ive decided on a12 then south side m25 and a3 boat sails at 20.00 so plenty of time.

leaving home at 12.15 so should be in portsmouth around 16.00 latest with the kids no doubt wanting to stop every 10 minutes :laughing: :laughing:

anyway i will try to get some photos posted.

anyone spots a merc e300 turbo diesel in silver with a private plate ending bwe gis a flash and get out of the way :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it might be worth leaving a bit earlier as the roads may be manic. pompey are playing at wembley in the fa cup semi final (come on west brom).

i know they will be going the other way but you know what it is like on the A3, if there is a bump on one side the other side gets grid locked as well with people rubber necking!!!

to be honest, to get to Portsmouth,
I wouldn’t start from there :wink:

Is that my coat ?

Happy Birthday Brian

old joke as seen on antiques roadshow

E-class 300 turbo diesel merc… ya flash bugger!
Happy birthday Brian :smiley:

bit late but there are roadworks on the a3. they are doing a hindhead bypass. about time to. weve just started delivering there and the guys reckon its a 2 year job.

go on then. who wants a diary of the trip ■■

A34 to get from Ipswich to Portsmouth ?!?!?! :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Defo A12, M25, A3. Couple and a half hours in a truck so should do it in under 2 in a car easily, if you get your toe down :wink: .

I’ve done that trip several times. we took the family for our 40th.
recomend you eat in the resturant rather than the self service

nothing wrong with the self service I just think it’s nice getting waited on and we treat it as a holiday

anyway it’s a nice ship and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

and your point is rob ■■?

look at a route planner going ipswich-cambridge-milton f keynes-oxford-portsmouth

then look at ipswich m25 southern end-a3

friday at rush hour

then you can apologise :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

r slicker:
friday at rush hour

r slicker:
leaving home at 12.15

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :laughing:

Okay, I know it’s all insignificant now because you’re back, but just to be argumentative for a change :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: going via Oxford to get from Ipswich to Portsmouth is about as logical as going via Newcastle to get from Leeds to Manchester. :open_mouth: :confused:

r slicker:
then you can apologise :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I think you’re getting me confused with someone else Brian :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: .

nah nobody could confuse the rob k with anyone else. you are unique.

not alot in it. 3 hours there via southern m25 and a3. 3 hrs 20 back via oxford-cambridge

Happy birthday Brian

:blush: Sorry I missed it, but it’s the thought that counts. :wink:
:laughing: I thought about it, so it counts.:grimacing:

r slicker:
nah nobody could confuse the rob k with anyone else. you are unique.

So people keep telling me, but not usually in as kind :confused: words as you have Bri :wink: .

Denis F:
Is that my coat ?

:laughing: If that coat goes with a suit, when does it date back to?? :wink: