Quick route advice please?

Evening all,

I’ve got a first drop at Erith in the morning (Ferndale Foods, Hailey Rd), and then off to Park Royal (■■■■■■■■■■ Avenue). I was thinking of heading along to the Woolwich Ferry, then up and picking up the North Circular and round to PR. Does this sound like the best option, or would anybody else like to suggest a better route? Supposed to be at Erith for 0800 and Park Royal for 1000.

Will be at 14’4 overall height, and close to max weight of 44T

Thanks

Gary

That’s a pretty decent route, or you could run the A13 to City Road and out to Park Royal on the A40. The one stumbling block on either is the ferry, so the choice is yours.

I’d take the A40 and enjoy the ‘scenery’ :sunglasses:

Erith for 8 and Park Royal for 10? might be a bit of a problem there, but you’ll just have to ■■■■ it and see.
They are going to have to get on with it at Erith.

I reckon straight through the city as well.
And I think you will pull into park royal at 11:17am.

Would go with your route but you will struggle with the times. Ferndale can be busy would aim to get in there for 7.30 nice blind side on to the bays there ok if no one is on the other bay

newmercman:
That’s a pretty decent route, or you could run the A13 to City Road and out to Park Royal on the A40. The one stumbling block on either is the ferry, so the choice is yours.

This one… took this route from purfleet at night and it is a good route, just watch the cameras

mazzer:
Would go with your route but you will struggle with the times. Ferndale can be busy would aim to get in there for 7.30 nice blind side on to the bays there ok if no one is on the other bay

Thanks - I don’t think I’ve got a hope in hell with the times today (got 6 drops total, ending up in Henlow, and the last one is 1430!), it’ll get done when it gets done. I know what you mean about the bays, but luckily I’ve got packaging for them, so get to tip it just round the corner in the yard. :smiley:

Gary

Thanks all - got both routes noted down, I’ll make the call when I get across the water :wink:

Gary

newmercman:

Doesn’t City Road come under the congestion charge ?

Pentonville rd and Marylebone rd are free of congestion charge. City is dead again this week I’m working out of Kings Cross railhead all week and it’s very quiet. I’m guessing you’re too high for Blackwall tunnel nthbound?

All went good - left Erith at 0810, and got into Park Royal at 1050! Not impressed with the ferry though - had only just got into my bunk and closed my eyes and some git is banging on the door telling me to move :smiley: :smiley: Does this mean I can now put international driving on my CV?!

Satnav took me round the North Circ, so went with that - didn’t have to even slow down until I got to Ikea at Wembley - couldn’t believe how quiet it was on there.

Gary

That was a lonv time though all the same
2h40.
Am guessing there was a fair queue for the ferry as it wouldn’t normally take more than about 90mins to be fair.

Sorry - meant 0950 - I was thinking 10 to 10 and got muddled! Had to sit through 2 ferries before I got on. Think I was about 9 or 10 last time I went on it - looks like they’ve still got the same boats though!

Satnav took me round the North Circ, so went with that - didn’t have to even slow down until I got to Ikea at Wembley - couldn’t believe how quiet it was on there.

Gary
[/quote]
Sorry if this sounds pedantic.
Why ask for route advice and then follow the Satnav ?

Because if somebody had said avoid a particular route because of a specific problem, I would have followed theircadvice. As there were 2 routes suggested, one if which was the n/c, I figured it would be as easy to go that way

Bugger, hit send too early. I did consider going direct through town, and seeing the sights, but thought it might be a bit of a ballache at that time of the morning.

Gary