quick question

right then, I can do 2 15 hour duty days a week, but what about on the other 3 days? I presume that I cannot exceed 13 hours as I have to have an 11 hour rest in every 24.

so summed up is this right,
two 15s and three 13s. I m talking duty not work before somebody starts going on bout wtd.

thanks guys

Why only 2x 15s? You can do 3x 15s in a row.

I thought you could only reduce to 9 twice a week!

try reading this sitehttp://www.vosa.gov.uk

look at the the heavy goods driver post

Rok K is right :grimacing:

EC Drivers’ Hours Rules:
15 WHAT ARE THE RULES ON DAILY REST PERIODS?
In each period of 24 hours, a driver must have a minimum daily rest of 11
consecutive hours. This may be reduced to 9 hours not more than 3 times a week,
as long as the reduction is compensated by an equivalent rest before the end of the
following week.

Taken from this EC Drivers’ Hours Rules

It’s 10 hours drive time twice a week isn’t it .

:confused: …and on a recent thread people were miffed about not being regarded as proffesionals! :unamused: :laughing:

You could do 3x9 hour rest periods and then do 2x8hour split rests and not have to compensate for them.

Theres nothing to say how long a day you work for it only states the rest you need to have!!!

or you could 5 split breaks and do 15 hours each day as long as youve had 3 hours rest during the day

jammymutt:
You could do 3x9 hour rest periods and then do 2x8hour split rests and not have to compensate for them.

Theres nothing to say how long a day you work for it only states the rest you need to have!!!

this is exactely what I wanted to know!

or you could 5 split breaks and do 15 hours each day as long as youve had 3 hours rest during the day

I thought it was 4 hours rest during your shift ie: 1 hour + 3hours or 2+2 or any other variation as long as it is at least 1hour long

gav:

I thought it was 4 hours rest during your shift ie: 1 hour + 3hours or 2+2 or any other variation as long as it is at least 1hour long

If you take 4 hours during the day you can go to 16 hours. Gav quoted 3 hours during the day which means he is correct in saying you can do 15 each day, with 9 hours as the long rest, but that can be done every day as no compensation is needed