Quick question regarding ADR

Hi i have a job taking containers to the queyside we used to transport class 8s with no problem now the place we ship to has asked that we show ADR as i dont have this my boss is now saying he needs a new driver and will have to get rid of me can they do this.

Thx regards pmac

Did you used to carry class 8 in Limited quantity form?

Your boss is prepared to sack you rather than pay the £400 or so that it would cost to train you ? Isn’t it nice to feel valued ? I’d get out of there first chance you get.

Deathstar:
Your boss is prepared to sack you rather than pay the £400 or so that it would cost to train you ? Isn’t it nice to feel valued ? I’d get out of there first chance you get.

Here is a proposal to put to your boss…
Boss pays for the ADR but you agree to an early release from job payback clause if you decide to leave
You ask that it be a Dcpc approved course for 21 hours
You pay for the Dcpc part - which will work out cheaper than 3 full 7 hour Dcpc courses :wink:
Boss now has a driver with ADR and 21 hours of Dcpc under their belt :smiley: :smiley:
:bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Thanks for the reply’s and yes i only carry LTD QTY and yes out of there asap but its 5 mins from where i live and its a job in a time of no jobs :slight_smile:

PMAC:
Thanks for the reply’s and yes i only carry LTD QTY and yes out of there asap but its 5 mins from where i live and its a job in a time of no jobs :slight_smile:

If it is ADR or Limited Quantities it should be labelled correctly anyway.

Agree with what Malc has said above, and if they were transporting it via the LQ exemption, would be interesting to see why they want it being done the “full way” maybe DieselDave will have the answer as to why that would be done, as I’m sat scratching my head on this one.

PMAC:
Hi i have a job taking containers to the queyside we used to transport class 8s with no problem now the place we ship to has asked that we show ADR as i dont have this my boss is now saying he needs a new driver and will have to get rid of me can they do this.

Thx regards pmac

Hi PMAC this seems like employment law meets ADR :open_mouth:

Employment law first…
A person can be dismissed for lack of a qualification, if the person told the firm that he had the qualification and the truth turned out to be otherwise. That doesn’t seem to be the case here though…
IMHO, your boss ought to be asking the customer why an ADR qualification is needed for carrying Limited Quantities, because ADR says that it isn’t. :wink:
How long have you worked for your present employer?

Now for the ADR bit…
Can you please answer the following:
What is the UN number? (The letters ‘UN’ plus four digits please)
In what types of packages is the ‘stuff’ packed? (Bottles in boxes, drums etc)
What size/weight are the packages?
How many packages do you carry at a time?
What labelling is on the packages?
What markings/placards are on the container?

:bulb: This info can be found by looking at the packages and your paperwork (DGNs.)

Sorry mate, but without the answers to the above I can’t give you a good answer to your question.

Hi there thx for the reply’s i have been there 4 year + and thx all seems to be sorted now was explained that as we only do ltd qty seems we are ok :slight_smile: