Quick question on new application for digi card

guys can you tell me do i have to send my licence and photo card away to dvla as id , doesnt state very clearly on the sheet :blush: thanks for any help folks :wink:

Just the form (and the payment of course) if youā€™ve already got a photo card licence

Yeah when I sent off for mine the other week I only sent form and payment.

They take the photo etc off their database

Thank ya peoples

Glad Im not the only one who didnt find it very clear on the form. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just sent the form and payment when I did mine.

Seriously? It wasnā€™t clear? How are you lot going to get on driving trucks and making deliveries when you have to read and understand delivery notes and directions? Not to mention understanding regulations. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

d777b.JPG
You are applying for a new digital tachograph card, and you have a photo licence, which is section a) above. Does that say return your licence? No, it doesnā€™t, it just says fill in sections 2 and 3 so thatā€™s your question answered right there.

Section b) talks about returning your licence but that is for changing address, it clearly says so and therefore equally as clearly doesnā€™t apply to your situation.

With forms and regulations the same things apply. Donā€™t read stuff from sections that donā€™t apply to your situation and apply it to yours and if it doesnā€™t say something is required then it isnā€™t.

ALWAYS A SMART ARSE ON HERE ISNT THERE!!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dodester:
ALWAYS A SMART ARSE ON HERE ISNT THERE!!!

And yet a smart arse who could read and understand a very simple, very clear, basic formā– ā– ? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

And posted help and guidance, along with pictures for the mentally malnourished, for others who may not be able to. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldnā€™t even of put the :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: mate because youā€™re dead right, thereā€™s always one. :unamused:

Sam Millar:
I wouldnā€™t even of put the :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: mate because youā€™re dead right, thereā€™s always one. :unamused:

+1

oh coffeeholic your so clever arnt you , that clever that you dont know that the form i have for digi doesnt have or look anything like the info you published to try and look good and you a mod tooooo :laughing:

Hi Dodester

We help lots of people complete the Digi card application. Assuming this is your 1st application for a digi card and also assuming you hold a photocard driving licence you need to tick ā€˜Aā€™ in question 1.

This then tells you that you only need to complete parts 2, 6 & 7

Make sure your signature remains fully within the white box or it will be returned.

The only other thing to send with it is the cheque for Ā£38.00

Hope this helps

Regards

John
Flair Training

John thanks mate :wink:

I always send things like this recorded delivery =Ā£1.23 but Swansea always send stuff back ordinary post.
My renewal digi card (Ā£19.00/just renewal form) only took 1 week to come through in September.
My passport renewal last year was about Ā£80 and that came back via a courier and I had to sign for it.

dodester:
oh coffeeholic your so clever arnt you , that clever that you dont know that the form i have for digi doesnt have or look anything like the info you published to try and look good and you a mod tooooo :laughing:

My apologies, I assumed someone with internet access would have had the brains to download the form rather than sending off for it. :wink:

Hereā€™s the current form for anyone else who needs it. Just print it off, tick a), fill in section 2 and 3 and send it in with the payment, no licence. Job done.

The behaviour displayed on these parts by staff is truly disgusting sometimes, truly invitingā€¦ :unamused:

Sam Millar:
The behaviour displayed on these parts by staff is truly disgusting sometimes, truly invitingā€¦ :unamused:

staff
n or n pl staff [staƋĀf]
a group of people employed in running a business, school etc

The moderators on these forums are not staff, they are volunteers who put in a lot of time answering stupid or frequently asked questions.

Wheel Nut:

Sam Millar:

staff
n or n pl staff [staƋĀf]
a group of people employed in running a business, school etc

The moderators on these forums are not staff, they are volunteers who put in a lot of time answering stupid or frequently asked questions.

As already mentioned, thereā€™s always a smart arse. He might not get paid for it, but it doesnā€™t not make him staff, volunteer or not in the eyes of others.

smart arse
One who is particularly insolent, who tends to make snide remarks or jokes; Related to or characteristic of a smart ā– ā– ā– . :unamused:

Sam Millar:
smart arse
One who is particularly insolent, who tends to make snide remarks or jokes; Related to or characteristic of a smart ā– ā– ā– . :unamused:

I agree, spot on.