Quick question on breaks

Hi just a quickie: If I’m doing a 10 hour shift for example, how much break do I need to have before 6 hours, is it ok to have 15 mins and then the 30 when my 4.5 hours driving are up or do I need to have 30 mins before the 6 hours? hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help

Harlow_wannabe:
Hi just a quickie: If I’m doing a 10 hour shift for example, how much break do I need to have before 6 hours, is it ok to have 15 mins and then the 30 when my 4.5 hours driving are up or do I need to have 30 mins before the 6 hours? hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help

You can have 15 minutes break before exceeding 6 hours and then as long as you had started driving before the 15 minute break you will need another 30 minutes before exceeding 4.5 hours ■■■■■■■■■ driving time.

Obviously if you don’t do any driving before taking the 15 minute break it will not count as the first part of the driving break.

The break required for the 6 hour working time rule is 15 minutes not 30 minutes as some people will tell you :wink:

Thats exactly what I was hoping you would say. I have been doing it correctly then :astonished: Just had a little doubt in my mind that I wanted to clear up. Cheers