Quick question for a quick answer!

Just a quick driver hours question!

I work part time but I can do overtime driving the trucks at work… If I start at 12:20 and finish at 18:00 (not doing any driving) one day when can I start the next shift, which would be a driving shift, and when would I need to be finished by??

Cheers! :laughing:

Min 9 hrs rest between shifts,max driving 10 hrs in a shift ,max time “at work” time 15 hours.
Obviously you will to take your breaks as per regs during the day.

Shift hours (and daily rests) are nothing to do with Driving hours (or driving breaks)

Driving hours are 9hrs per day (upto 4.5hrs accumulated before requiring minimum 45min break)
Can be extended to 10 hrs twice weekly ( 6 consecutive 24hr periods)

If driving doesn’t enter into the equation then the only other possible ruling would be

In a 24hr period:

3 x 15 hr shifts (9hrs reduced daily rest)

if no 9hr reduced daily rests left then either:

13hr shifts (11hr daily rest)
Split daily rest (min 3hr break followed later by 9hrs continuous rest but must still fall within a 24hr period including your shift time)

upto a maximum of 56hrs within one working week (6 consecutive 24hr periods) and no more than 90hrs in two consecutive weeks

and thats not covering WTD rules or weekly rests or compensating reduced weekly rests…

Oh you wanted a quick answer? :laughing:

Edit:
Edited boo boo :blush: + added more info :stuck_out_tongue:

spreston:

I work part time but I can do overtime driving the trucks at work… If I start at 12:20 and finish at 18:00 (not doing any driving) one day when can I start the next shift, which would be a driving shift, and when would I need to be finished by??

Next shift start at 0500 if you have not already had 3 reduced daily rests since your last weekly rest

If you started at 0500 then you could finish at 2000 with the same proviso as above

You other work must be officially recorded if you come under EU regs at any time during a fixed week (week)
That official record can be using single analogue cards or digi print out paper with each record containing your name date start and finish time on each

Reef:
13hr shifts (15 hr daily rest)

Think reef might have done a typo on the 15 rest bit :unamused:

ROG:

Reef:
13hr shifts (15 hr daily rest)

Think reef might have done a typo on the 15 rest bit :unamused:

Don’t know what you’re talking about ROG, it clearly says 11hrs in my post :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

ROG:

spreston:

Next shift start at 0500 if you have not already had 3 reduced daily rests since your last weekly rest

18:00 to 05:00 is 11 hours, if he hasn’t had a reduced daily rest during that week than he could have a 9 hours break and start at 03:00.

ROG:
If you started at 0500 then you could finish at 2000 with the same proviso as above

Or a 13 hour day, so that would be 16:00 if you don’t have a reduced rest period available.

ROG:
You other work must be officially recorded if you come under EU regs at any time during a fixed week (week)
That official record can be using single analogue cards or digi print out paper with each record containing your name date start and finish time on each

This is something that effects the way we work, and the official line is the best, but trying to do several days manual entry on an old style digital tacho is a pain and I’ve yet to find a way to sort it out when it goes wrong.

I spoke to VOSA about this they said they’re happy as long as it’s recorded, so a diary, a time sheet, or in our case we use a form which has name, End date and time of last weekly rest period. and start and finish time of each day of that week and hours for WTD. So now I only record that days work on card and use the form for the rest of the week.

However if you’re planning to go further than this sceptered isle, than you’ll need proper letters of attestation, very important I know people who’ve had big fines for not having them and I’ve been asked for them when I’ve been stopped.

muckles:
18:00 to 05:00 is 11 hours

I was doing a ‘reef’ :wink: :laughing:

ROG:

muckles:

Its my infectious personality :grimacing:

(or should that be infectious stupidity :confused: )

Reef:

ROG:

muckles:

Its my infectious personality :grimacing:

(or should that be infectious stupidity :confused: )

It’s called creative time management :wink:

Well that’s what I always tell myself anyway :blush: :laughing: