Quick question, advice needed

Hi all, basically I’ve been driving a rigid for nearly 2 months now since passed C test. My employers seem to offer everything to keep the lorry going, oil/ad blue etc. but apparently not antifreeze/coolant. With winter on the way it’s got me thinking, can I put in the coolant tank that pink ready mixed stuff you get in halfords. I know it’s for cars but can it go in trucks, yes/no. Because I’ve already been told to just top it up with water by the TM. But I know that is wrong because the water corrodes and problems start!

Cheers guys/gals :sunglasses:

Do what the TM says. Do not go buying anything out of halfords or anything else. It is not your problem I am sure when the weather changes they will add antifreeze rather than waste an engine.

You shove the fuel/oil & effort in.
The rest the gaffer arranges to be shoved in, sit back, & drive.
If it needs coolant etc it should be sorted as reqd during the regular inspections/servicing by the fitters

If the TM says water, then water it is. As above the truck is regularly inspected, so it won’t have a chance to cause problems, especially as you are only topping it up!

Dan Bear 87:
Hi all, basically I’ve been driving a rigid for nearly 2 months now since passed C test. My employers seem to offer everything to keep the lorry going, oil/ad blue etc. but apparently not antifreeze/coolant. With winter on the way it’s got me thinking, can I put in the coolant tank that pink ready mixed stuff you get in halfords. I know it’s for cars but can it go in trucks, yes/no. Because I’ve already been told to just top it up with water by the TM. But I know that is wrong because the water corrodes and problems start!

I’ve put Evian water in ,not very often but I have

dozy:

Dan Bear 87:

I’ve put Evian water in ,not very often but I have

Now that’s just spoiling her! :smiley:

But I’ve been driving less than that mate, and i’d do exactly as the advice you’ve been given. Water!
You’re not buying the truck on HP from them are you? :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A healthy truck shouldnt need topping up really, i changed the coolant in mine last september and it hasnt used a drop since

Ok cheers, water it is then :blush: ', I just didn’t want to be the one who gets caught not putting the right stuff in! I’m sure we’ve all been there :sunglasses:

Regards

chaversdad:
A healthy truck shouldnt need topping up really, i changed the coolant in mine last september and it hasnt used a drop since

Exactly