Quick question about the Congestion Charge

Hired a 17 seater minibus to get a wedding party around and today dropped them off in Vauxhall, within the ‘C’ zone. I’ve just checked on-line to try & pay but it says there’s no charge payable, (but if I want to pay voluntarily I’m welcome to!!).

Anyway, I’m guessing it’s charge-free because it has over 9 seats but, as far as I was aware I was only the second person to hire it and it wasn’t registered as a bus with London council (it was hired in Gloucestershire, & even the hire company guy thought it was more to take a bus into the City so he’d obviously not come across it before). So can I take it as gospel that as it says ‘no charge’ then there’s nothing to pay (I took a screen-shot, just in case), or should I double-check on Monday, by which time any charge payable would have increased.

are you sure it was within the c charge zone because the zone starts at vauxhall bridge towards lambeth and the houses of parliament,anything before that is charge free maybe thats what they meant

No, definitely went over the ‘C’ in the road, at least twice - it was an immediate left after Vauxhall bridge onto Albert embankment. Also I know it was registered because I tried pre-paying yesterday but it couldn’t find a record of the reg (as I hadn’t been there yet) so I know it was picked up somewhere today.

Read this about half way down

tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/congest … /6733.aspx

Yes, it was the ‘registration’ bit I wasn’t sure about because the hire company didn’t seem to know anything about how the congestion charge worked so I would be surprised if they had done anything about it. The bus itself is obviously recognised by TfL as having more than 9 seats, hence the 100% discount but I’m guessing that came from the DVLA database, so I just don’t want to receive a bill a few months down the line, it would already be £12 after 24 hours and haven’t checked the charges after that.

I’ve emailed the hire company with the screenshot, told them I’ve done my bit, and if there is any comeback then it will be up to them to sort out.

Only good bit was I just managed to avoid the closure on Hammersmith when I was getting out :smiley:

Was it after 1800 ? as im sure its 0700-1800 min-fri…

truckertang:
Was it after 1800 ? as im sure its 0700-1800 min-fri…

No, got there about midday.

Oh ok I will go back to the corner :smiley::grin::grin::grin:

truckertang:
Oh ok I will go back to the corner :smiley::grin::grin::grin:

No, all suggestions welcome. Haven’t heard back from the hire company so I’m guessing they don’t think it’s important either. Shall post back if I hear anything that may be of use to others so thanks again.