Quick question about 45hr end of week rest

Ive been a Class 2 driver for about 8 months now and work Monday - Friday and Saturday mornings, whenever I finish Saturday determines when I start Monday (45hr)

my question is I had Friday off work but was in Saturday would I still need a 45hr rest ?

Thanks

If you didn’t have a CONTINUOUS 45 hour rest period, then you had a reduced rest. This is fine, but you need to work out how many hours you reduced your 45 hour rest period by, and add those hours to any 9 hour rest period before the end of the third fixed week after the reduction. You do need to take a 45 hour rest period in every other fixed week, although this does not necessarily mean every other weekend, you can have two reduced weekend rests in a row if you know what you are doing.

example - You could do this every two weeks

Finish sat noon and start mon 9am = 45 hours off = regular weekly rest
Finish sat 2pm and start mon 6am = 40 hours off = reduced weekly rest with 5 hours to payback
5 hour payback can be done by having 14 hours off between two shifts using a 9 hour reduced daily rest

Any rest period or payback must be done in one go without any gaps in it

Bikerbrandon:
Ive been a Class 2 driver for about 8 months now and work Monday - Friday and Saturday mornings, whenever I finish Saturday determines when I start Monday (45hr)

my question is I had Friday off work but was in Saturday would I still need a 45hr rest ?

Thanks

Yes you do. The 45 hours need to be uninterrupted.

( no need to complicate a simple question :wink: )

the nodding donkey:
( no need to complicate a simple question )

It is not that simple a question because it assumes a 45 is needed every week

You can reduce the weekly rest period to no less than 24 hours every second week, though the reduction will need paying back.

So as long as you had a 45 hour weekly rest period the previous weekend you can reduce the weekly rest period to no less than 24 hours, you will need to have a 45 hour weekly rest period the following weekend though.

ROG:

the nodding donkey:

You are assuming that. The op asks if he still needs a 45 hours weekly break if he is off on Friday but works on Saturday. The answer to his question is yes, he still needs a 45 hours break. He did not ask about reductions.

the nodding donkey:

ROG:

the nodding donkey:

You are assuming that. The op asks if he still needs a 45 hours weekly break if he is off on Friday but works on Saturday. The answer to his question is yes, he still needs a 45 hours break. He did not ask about reductions.

Does he NEED a 45 ? - that was the question = answer maybe not

ROG:

the nodding donkey:

ROG:

the nodding donkey:

Does he NEED a 45 ? - that was the question = answer maybe

Why not go the distance, and explain how he can work six 15 hour days in a week?

the nodding donkey:
Why not go the distance, and explain how he can work six 15 hour days in a week?

EH … all the op asks was about the need for a 45 to which the answer is maybe depending on what has been taken previously